CHAPTER-2

CHAPTER-2

THE EVIDENCE- THE 911 CALL AND THE INITIAL SEARCH FOR THE CHILD

The only people known to be present in the house on the night of the murder are JonBenét's immediate family. The ransom note had specific instructions against contacting the police and friends, but Patsy Ramsey had contacted the police at 5:52 am M.S.T. She had also called friends and family. Two police officers had responded to the 911 call and had arrived within 3 minutes after the call. They had conducted a search but found no signs of forced entry.

Officer Rick French went into the basement and came to a door that was secured with a wooden latch. He had paused for a moment and then turned without checking the horrors that lay inside. French later explained that he was trying to search for an exit route that the kidnapper may have taken, and a door closed from the outside was ruled out.

With JonBenét still missing, John made arrangements to pay for the ransom.

A team of forensic experts was dispatched. The team initially believed that it was a case of kidnapping. JonBenét's bedroom had been sealed off to prevent further contamination. No measures were taken to prevent the contamination of evidence in the house. Meanwhile, friends, victim advocates, and the Ramsey family's minister arrived at the house to show support. Visitors picked up and cleaned surfaces in the kitchen possibly destroying the evidence. A Boulder detective Linda Arndt arrived at 8:00 AM MST, in hopes of receiving the kidnapper(s)'s instruction but there was no attempt to receive the money.

***

What I feel is that this was very irrational of Patsy to call friends and family. A place where a kidnapping or a possible murder has taken place, it's obvious you shouldn't call people because that just leads to contamination. Now that she had called so many people the pieces of evidence from the kitchen had been destroyed. The possible fingerprints, DNA samples, shreds of hair anything that could possibly lead the police to the kidnappers or murderers.

As for the 911 call, notice how she first said we need an- POLICE! I think what she was trying to say was that they needed an ambulance. Does that clearly mean that she knew that her daughter was dead of hurt?

And then toward the end, there is some silence. Patsy thought she had disconnected the call but it wasn't. It said, 

"We are not speaking to you."

"What did you do?" and, 

"Help me, Jesus."

I also heard, "What did you find?" but perhaps that was the dispatcher.

Who committed the crime? Perhaps was it Burke? Did he play too hard? Did he maybe hit her and the whole thing is staged? Is it the parents? I don't know too many questions and too little evidence.

Well, that is just my theory, don't get upset.

On the top, I have attached the 911 call. Listen to it.

I wish JonBenét would just wake up and tell us what really happened.