CHAPTER-3

The Evidence- The Autopsy Report

The autopsy revealed that JonBenét had been killed by strangulation and a skull fracture. The official cause of death was asphyxia by strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma. There were no signs of conventional rape, although sexual assault could not be ruled out. There was no semen found but there had been a vaginal injury. At the time of the autopsy, the pathologist recorded that it appeared her vaginal area had been wiped with a cloth.

A garrote that was made from a length of nylon cord and the broken handle of a paintbrush was tied around JonBenét's neck and had apparently been used to strangle her. Part of the bristle end of the paintbrush was found in a tub containing Patsy's art supplies, but the bottom third was never found despite the deep search conducted by the police.

The autopsy also revealed a vegetable or fruit-like substance probably present-day pineapple, which was eaten by JonBenét had eaten a few hours before her death. Photographs of the home when her body was found showed that there was a bowl of pineapple with a spoon in it on the kitchen table. However, neither John nor Patsy said they remembered putting the bowl on the table or feeding pineapple to JonBenét. The police reported that they found Burke's fingerprints on the bowl and spoon. The Ramsey's always insisted that Burke had slept through the night and had woken up several hours after the police arrived. 

***

This is what I found on Wikipedia and a few other sites, however, there were some places when they said that JonBenét was sexually assaulted with the paintbrush. I really do not know how much is true but I'm really confuzzled if she was assaulted or not because that is simply horrifying. Why would someone do this? What was their motive? Was it revenge or just money?

I was going to attach a picture but it was just straight-up scary.

Well shit, I literally have 22 reads and 7 votes holy shitz! I have school in like 3 days.