chapter 43

A/N: hey lol
last chapter was... yeah

⚠️T/W: louis missing addy and acting proper pick me🤩 sam with a child, oxford, southbank⚠️

—————————————

ADDY'S POV:
i rolled over to my side, extending my hand to feel lexi besides me. she turned to face me.

"hey" she smiled tiredly.
"hey" i returned the smile.
"how'd you sleep." she continued, her eyes moving around my face.
"good."
she laughed slightly and put a hand on my cheek, kissing me gently.
"i'm glad." she said softly.

i rolled back over onto my back and looked up at the ceiling, still smiling.

i glanced at lexi, she was still looking at me also smiling.

"do you want some breakfast?"
"sure, do you mind if i take a shower?"
"not at all, i'll get you a towel." i said getting up and putting on a big hoodie and shorts near me.

when lexi was in the shower i left my room, it was only then i realised i had a pounding headache.
'here comes the comedown.' i thought to myself, remembering all the half-line of coke i did the previous night.

suddenly i heard the front door shut. i quickly turned around.
"hello?"
'she left.' i thought. my face dropped.

'maybe it was someone else. no. they would've said something to me.'

i went upstairs, looking around my room, the bathroom.

"lexi?"
but she was gone. i didn't even get her number.

SAM'S POV :

i got back at around 12 which was a bit later than i expected to but if we are thinking about the times i used to get back after a night out, this is nothing.

i quietly made my way to my room and found charlotte putting effy in her crib beside my bed. "sorry i'm late, a lot happened an-" she walked up to me and cut me off with a kiss (a/n : do i wanna get anymore cliche?).

she broke the kiss and spoke, "don't apologise you were trying to be normal again" she laughed, gently whispering.
"ok ok, did you see addy come back at all?" i asked.
"no but i bloody well heard her, i think she might be with louis" that's not true.
"louis has been with me all night so she's with someone else then surely" in a way it kind of upset me that they had both slept with other people.

i know and they know that they're meant for each other no matter what kind of shit happens. i know i shouldn't get involved in what addy does but i wanna know; she broke my best friend so i think i deserve to find out.

i decided to just leave it for now and find out in the morning. i changed into just a pair of joggers and climbed into bed. i wrapped my arms securely around charlotte, hugging her from behind. she began to move about a bit to find a comfortable position and ended up turning to face me, burying her head into my bare chest. i felt her smile against me, butterflies swarmed by stomach as if we were still kids... well we are, we are kids with VERY adult responsibilities.

i placed a loving kiss on the top of her head and heard her whisper, "i love you" she sounded happy, happier than usual.
"i love you too angel" i replied. and with that we both fell asleep quickly.