Chapter 20

I dropped my jacket to the floor and ran over to sheriff Riley, completely ignoring the other men standing around him.

"Sweet b!" He says lifting me up and spinning me around. "I missed you!" I say hugging him harder.

"Ow, ow" he says and I realize just how hard I'm squeezing.

I blush a bit at my own strength and pull away.

"I see someone has gotten stronger!" He says chuckling. I look down and nod.

I feel a hand on my back and judging my the protective glare in Riley's eyes, I assume it's Scott who has just touched me.

I cough, trying to relax the tension.

"Riley, this is Scott, Scott, Riley."

Riley sticks out his hand and Scott shakes it softly never losing eye contact with the man.

"Riley, was basically like a father to me, he's my very large protector."

It was true, at 6'4, Riley was pretty big.

And damn well, intimidating.

Which is why I kind of admired the way Scott didn't shrink back when Riley gave him the death glare I mentioned earlier.

"Scott here is a true alpha" my aunt said placing a hand on Riley's arm.

Riley's eyes shifted from suspicion to respect within a few seconds and he nodded at Scott.

His words unspoken but understood.

"What're you doing here?" I ask smiling, because I haven't seen him in the couple months I've been here and I've missed him terribly.

He was family.

"What I vowed I'd always do; protect you."

My eyes watered a bit and I threw my arms around him once more.

And then I sighed and fear flooded through me as I stared at all the people gathered here to protect me.

Most of the men I knew from the station, but had never really spoken too.

But they had families, they had children.

They were family.

And I realized I could be asking them to die for me, to risk their lives and their families well being for ME.

And I suddenly was not okay with that.

I wasn't okay with anyone risking anything for me. I wasn't okay with Scott or Lydia or stiles or my aunt even remotely in danger because of me.

I sent a small smile towards Scott, Riley and my aunt and yawned.

"I'm sorry, is it ok if I get some rest, I'm really tired.." I lie and they all nod, Scott pecking my forehead before walking to Derek's room with me.

"I had an amazing time today b" he says as he pulls the cover up over my body.

I snuggle in and smile softly at him, but I know it doesn't reach my eyes.

"Me too Scott."

He grabs my chin and girls it up, his lips brush against mine and his other hand slips behind my neck.

I'm surprised at first but my lips move against his, deepening the kiss. "Get some rest" he says as he pulls away.

I sigh as guilt floods through me. I can tell Scott cares for me. Just like I can tell everyone in the living room cares for me.

Which is why, I hate myself for what I'm about to do.

But I know it has to be done, I know I can't let them get hurt, or die because of me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I was mostly worried about my aunt and Riley, if I didn't come back.

Scott cared but not enough to shed a few tears and move in. The kid had only known me for a month, it's not like he was in love with me.

And that's when my heart seemed to send a little message to my brain, telling me I was wrong, that I knew it was possible because I was falling in love with him.

I ignored that, because it's only make this whole thing harder. My mind was made up, I was leaving tonight, is find laken, and I'd kill him.

I wasn't going to let him hurt anyone else I cared about.

*****************

"Mom?"

My mom stands in front of me, dressed in white. "Mom!" I scream and run towards her.

She embraces me in a hug and kisses my head, she looks to her left and I follow suit.

My eyes widen at the man standing next to her, his hair is greying but most of it is still jet black, just like I remember.

He's tall, and I know those eyes.

They are my eyes...

"Dad?" I whisper and he smiles softly at me opening his arms. "You've grown!" He says and I chuckle.

"Considering I was three when you last saw me I'd assume so."

I stand back and stare at both of them, my eyes widen and I tear up. "Oh my god.. Your here, you're here, I've missed you so much, but you're here." I throw myself into both of their embraces at the same time.

I feel two kisses to the top of my head and I only pull back when another realization hits me.

"Oh my god... Am I dead?"

CLIFFHANGER.
Don't hate me....
Thank you for reading 😘
Vote / comment ( :