Chapter 7

After a brief training session, Courtney made it home in time to shower off from her workout since she was hot, sweaty and smelly and that was no way she wanted to look or smell like that since she was going to be spending the rest of the day hanging out with Beth and hopefully Yolanda.

She'd just finished up in the shower, but she was very shocked when she entered her room wearing only a towel to find Yolanda waiting for her.

"Sorry, your mom told me I could wait for you here. I guess she didn't realize how long you take in the shower." Yolanda said, both embarrassed and a little flustered at the sight of Courtney wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around her chest.

"Yeah, sorry, I was working out earlier and I took a bit longer in the shower than I'd anticipated." Courtney said, more than a bit embarrassed at Yolanda seeing her like this, though she had to admit, she didn't exactly mind the looks the Latina was giving her.

"I'll leave you alone to get dressed." Yolanda said and Courtney smiled at her gratefully, though honestly, for some reason, there was a part of her that was tempted to ask Yolanda to stay and actually help her get dressed, which made no sense while they were both girls, Courtney had no desire to let anyone else see her naked.

Yolanda seemed to take an extra minute or so to not so subtly stare at Courtney before finally leaving the room to let Courtney get dressed and while Courtney was relieved about that, she also found she was a bit disappointed by her leaving. However, she quickly shook those feelings off so she could get ready so she could go out with her friends.

"It's about time." Yolanda said to Courtney when she finally came downstairs, now dressed in a blue top with star patterns on it and jeans.

"Sorry, but I wanted to look my best. A sentiment it looks like you shared." Courtney said, referring to Yolanda's black top and black skinny jeans.

"So, are we heading out?" Yolanda asked.

"We're still waiting on Beth. That's weird, I got the impression that she was the early bird who was always on time." Courtney said, right as there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Courtney said to her mom as she moved to the door to open it.

"Sorry I'm late, bad traffic." Beth said.

"Beth, this is Blue Valley, you need a better excuse than that." Yolanda said, though it was clear that she was simply teasing Beth in a friendly manner.

"Whatever, shall we get started?" Beth asked and they both nodded.

"I want you home by dinner Courtney." Barbara said.

"No promises." Courtney responded as she and the girls left the house, closing the door behind them and Barbara rolled her eyes and smiled at Courtney's response, since that was what Courtney should be doing right. Not what Pat was teaching her to do. But she knew that the only reason Pat was teaching Courtney any of it was because that they both knew that Courtney would be using the staff regardless, so it was better that she knew what she was doing so she had a smaller chance of getting herself killed, but there was still a chance that she could get herself killed. And there were other reasons that Barb didn't want to think about.

Courtney actually found that she was having a great time with Beth and Yolanda as they walked around Blue Valley.

"You know Yolanda, I'm kind of surprised you were able to come. I thought your parents were still trying to keep you isolated." Beth said.

"Yeah, so was I, but honestly, I think that they're more relieved that they don't have to look at me and the shame and disgrace I bring on our family according to them." Yolanda said.