Ch. 15

Uther decided to hold a council meeting some time after Guinevere was put in the dungeons, because of this Merlin was the only one who was allowed to visit the scared teenager. (Y/n) stayed by Gaius's side as he forced her too so she couldn't make Guinevere's punishment worse than it already is. This time Arthur was present as he stood on the side lines as they listened to whatever the council meeting was about.

'Merlin better hurry up with the confession, I'm about to fall asleep to this' (Y/n) thought as she struggled to stand still and keep her eyes open.

As if the Three Goddesses were answering her prayers, the doors were abruptly opened as Merlin made his way into the room.

"Guinevere didn't use magic, I was the one who used magic to cure her father" Merlin confessed to the king as his face held determination.

Uther's eyes widen as he stood up from his throne, Arthur looked from his father to Merlin before laughing, gaining the attention of everyone's.

"I apologize Father, it seems that Merlin has fallen so in love with the girl, allowing it to cloud his thoughts, surely you can dismiss him for something so foolish" Arthur said as he pat the back of Merlin as he smiled.

'Smooth Princy' (Y/n) thought as she watched the scene.

Slowly a smile appeared on Uther's face, he chuckled, "I'll allow it" he dismissed the behavior.

~Location Change~

The three of them made their way to the water vault underneath the castle, (Y/n) held the torch as she walked beside the two.

"Dang this place is creepy" she commented as she looked around the human made cave, not liking how the atmosphere was different from looking at it on a screen.

Merlin turned to her with a teasing smile, "afraid are we?" He asked before shielding his face as the girl swung the torch at him.

"Quiet it you two, we're here" Gaius gained their attention as he stood in front of the pool of water. The two stopped their playing and went back to the old man's side, looking at the water.

(Y/n) was mentally preparing herself for the jump scare as Merlin was talking to Gaius about Guinevere, "it'll jump after Gaius takes the sample" she muttered to herself as she took a few steps back, one to run as soon as it shows up but also to avoid the water it'll splash on them.

"I am sure Uther will release her when we get the cure, I just need a sample of it" Gaius told Merlin as he bought out a vial and dipped it into the water.

As he took it out and placed a stopper on top of it, the water started to ripple before a monster emerged from it. Roaring at the three in a threatening way to get away from it's territory.
Gaius and Merlin reacted with screams as (Y/n) had already booked it back to the top, leaving the two to follow in her dust. The (h/c) girl was panting as she held one arm up to hold the torch up when the two came up to her.

"What was that?!" Merlin freaked out as he also panted a bit, looking at the entrance with widen eyes.

"Let's head back, I'm sure one of my books can tell us what that creature is" Gaius told the two as he started to move to hand back.

(Y/n) blow out the torch before placing it against the wall, took a few tries but she managed to blow it out. After catching his breath, Merlin walked out to the girl and looked at her confused, "how did you know to run out of there? You've never been the first to run for anything" he questioned her.

'Shiiiiiiiiiii-' "Dude there were ripples in the water, why would there be ripples in water if nothing lives in it?" She told him, trying to logic her way out of suspicion.