Chapter 5

What on earth is the need for a new character's introduction in the dream? When I'm already struggling to escape from being killed.

I check my watch wishing the time didn't leap. It shows 10:58 AM. Two minutes for the class to start. Nina talks something to me, but I'm tired and blank. I am tired of the events happening in the dream and blank of not knowing what's going to happen next. I was able to crack the time and date and even escaped without getting killed. I thought escaping death would be my exit from the dream word, but here I'm back in the loop.

I lean back on the chair, folding my arms against my chest, and with a sigh, I close my eyes. Suddenly, I hear a bell going off and slowly open my eyes and look around.

Don't sweat it, Pooja, you are still in the dream world.

I sit straight as the new skills development trainer enters the lecture hall among a blurry image of students.

He looks around the crowd, and his sight zones into me. He gives me a slight nod without others noticing.

Nina leans into me. "Sis, who is he? And why did he just nod at you?"

Ok, so everybody noticed. What the hell is he doing?

"He is our new trainer for the skills development program, and I showed him the way to our lecture hall, that's why he nodded at me, in the way of thanking me."

"Ohhh.... he looks good, isn't he?"

I turn toward her and give her a smile with a stern look. "OK, sorry."

A loud clap makes everyone look toward the podium, where our new trainer is standing with his hands clasped.

When he gets everyone's attention, he leans back on the staff's table and crosses his right foot against his left. "Good morning, everyone. My name is Guru from Knack Academy, and I'm here as your skills development trainer,"

"What type of skills, sir?" A girl whose face looks blurry to me asks him with a sultry tone and stressing the word, sir.

Many girls, including me, giggle at her comment.

"Reasoning," he says with folded arms. "Like finding relationships between different people, dates, time, directions, place, alphabet, numbers, and many more."

He turns toward the entrance and nods his head, four men whose faces look blurry for me enters with boxes in their hands.

"We will be providing you workbooks, and we will be working out problems from it." He moves from his place and climbs the staircase of rows monitoring the distribution.

He is so confident and walks like he owns the place or the founder of the academy that our college signed up for skills development. But all the while, my eyes keep going to the bandage near his temples. I have a strange feeling which I cannot name, and I'm still trying to recollect where I have seen him before.

Sounds of exasperation bring me out my thoughts, "Wow. Your academy provides chocolates with books, that's so cool," one of the girls from the first row asks the person distributing the workbooks.

"Not the academy, it's Guru sir's arrangement," he replies and nods to our trainer.

Guru sir steps in front of my row, he takes out a few books from the box and gives me one before handing over the other books to Nina to distribute among others in our row.

I thank him for the book for which he replies, "Always welcome."

"What's the occasion, sir? Is it your birthday today?" Nina asks him. I look straight, avoiding looking at him and acting as if I'm not interested.