Chapter 8

A sheen of sweat slides down the side of my face as I swallow hard. My breathing gets heavy, and my heart beats faster than 100 beats per minute.

I turn slowly to see the person behind me. There he was, standing with his right leg crossed across his left ankle. Placing his left hand over his hip and Guru swirls the chair with his right hand. He lifts his eyes to meet mine, and there is no calmness in his face, no soft, playful tease in his eyes that he had when we met in college. Instead, his face looks scary, and his eyes horrify me as it did when he tried to kill.

He takes a step forward as I take one backward. My legs start going weak, and I start to feel a strange pain in my legs. Guru sits on the rolling chair comfortably, crossing his legs and taps his fingers one by one like a wave on the armrest. "I'm very much impressed," he says with a snort.

"I was thinking the other night it was a missed chance, that you were awake before I came and hearing the sound you did everything for self-defense," he shakes his head at me in disbelief. "I thought you were cracking that question was pure luck. Tsk. But no, you already know what those number sequences meant, ain't you??" he questions me, cocking his head.

Still breathing heavily, I collect myself and ask him, "How do you have the screenshots of my chat in the Fidus Friends App?"

"Question for a question," he laughs evilly before standing up from the chair and walks toward me. I take a few steps backward until I come in contact with the computer table.

He stops in the middle of the distance between us and says, "Simple darling, I hacked it like you entered my house," shrugging his shoulders.

He strolls, "You didn't know that your account was hacked, but I knew that someone entered my house. That's why you should not be careless with your security settings."

"When you entered the first incorrect passcode, I received an alert and left college immediately," he says with pride.

"But I'm really impressed. You were smart enough to reach until here," he says, moving closer to me. "It's going to be fun in killing you," he says as he caresses my left cheek with his right-hand knuckles. I jerk my face in disgust.

He laughs at my reaction and says, "That scene is not here. I don't feed on my prey."

"Why do you have that? Why are you killing every one of us? What have we done for you to kill us?" I ask as I feel sweats starting to flow from my head to all over my face and neck.

He walks to the wall of collage and crosses his arm against his chest, watching the girl's picture. "You directly didn't do anything to me. But in the future, you may do something to someone like what she did to me," he points at the girl's picture before turning toward me.

Shit. I'm still in the terror of being caught by him, and I forgot to run when he was looking at the girl's picture. "I met her on the Fidus Friends App, and we became friends. I liked her, and so did she. We met in real life, and we started dating," he says with a pleasant smile on his face.

But his expression changes into a frown, "What I didn't know was she was doing the same with other guys too. Going out, buying things, spending our money, sharing explicit pics, and many more," he starts inching toward me.

"She was my first kill." He says, stretching his arms at his side in a grand manner gesturing to be proud of himself.

"But I was not like that, I've been on that platform for the past three months, but I haven't met any guy in real life or even did those online things you mentioned as what your friend did. You have hacked my chat and read all my messages, did I seem that kind of person?"