Adam Wilson

It was the first time someone approached her in such manner, she did not know how to feel about it.

She accepted the hand he offered...

"I'm AmyClaire, like you already know".
She responded.

Adam smiled charmingly, there was something about his looks that Amy found familiar but could not think of anything.

"So tell me AmyClaire, how has life been treating you so far?"..
He seemed so interested in her life, she felt uncomfortable.

" Well, I have been doing alright".
She answered timidly.

"AmyClaire, is it okay if I call you... Amaire?"
He put up his hands dramatically as he pronounced the funny sounding name.
Amy laughed...

"What kind of name is that?"
She asked, still laughing.

"There's no such name, I just feel like as friends, we should have special names for each other".
He simply stated.

" Friends?".
AmyClaire asked confusedly.

"Yes, friends. Amaire right?". He grinned.
AmyClaire laughed again.

" Fine, Amaire it is".
She accepted.

"Yes!".
He shot up his fist in the air as though he hit some kind of jackpot, this action caused AmyClaire to burst into laughter again.

He looked at her face that was already red from all the laughing,
" I'm glad I could make you laugh, Amaire ".

She laughed again.
" I am too".

"Don't ever lose your beautiful smile for anybody or anything Amaire. Always be happy, no matter what life throws at you, okay?".
He spoke so calmly, AmyClaire was impressed by him.

"Okay". She said.
"Hmm, Don't mind me asking but how old are you Adam?".

"Twenty one, college senior".
He answered.

"Oh wow, I've never met a college student before".  She said, with an amazed facial expression that was hard to miss.

" Well now you have". He sang.

Just then, his phone rang...

"Sorry Amaire, I gotta take this..."

"No problem".. She answered, then he left.

Suddenly, she was feeling lonely, cold and filthy. Her dress was all messed up.

" Miss AmyClaire?".

She looked up to see a lady dressed in a uniform like that of a maid.

"Yes?" She answered.

"This is for you"
The maid handed her a beautiful, green dress.

"From whom?"
Amy asked the maid.

"Anonymous, please come, let me show you where to get dressed".

She followed the maid to a changing room, not sure how to take the recent development, but like Adam said, she had to be happy no matter what.

***

She returned to the party all changed up and looking more classy and chick.

When Julia saw her, her face froze... Her eyes were stuck on the dress, it's design was nothing short of perfection, even Julia's dress was not that good.

"Amy my darling, please come".
Came Mr Wilson's voice from where he was standing with Mark and the rest of her family. She walked up to them.
They all looked at her dress in awe.

"Where did you get the dress honey?"
Asked Magenta.

"Someone sent it to me, I have no idea who".
She replied.

" My dear Amy"
Mr Wilson called her attention again, as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Yes sir?"
She answered politely.

"I hope you're not mad at my wife, it's just that she has not been feeling too well and she has been a bit anxious lately. Please forgive her my dear". He pleaded.

"Please Mr Wilson, you embarrass me, she is my elder and I cannot be mad at her. Don't worry Sir".
She replied with curtsey.

Mr Wilson smiled brightly.
" You have a good girl on your hands, Mark. I wish I had daughter like you Amy, you are precious ".
He hugged her lightly and excused himself, then walked away.

***

A few moments later, Mr Wilson called everyone's attention for another speech.

" Once again, thank you all for honouring my invitation. Earlier on, when my beautiful wife was cutting the cake, my younger son, Hunter was the only present. I'd like to inform you all that my other son has finally been able to join us tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, my older son, Adam".
Everyone applauded as Adam joined Mr Wilson and Hunter.
Some of the guests approached Adam for chitchats but his mind was elsewhere.
He excused himself from the small crowd and walked over to Amy.

"Good evening, Mr and Mrs Robinson".
He greeted them, and they greeted him back.

He then looked at Amy,
"Please Amaire, may I have this dance?".
He asked her in gentlemanly manner.

Amy looked at her mom, who already had a huge smile on her face and her siblings who were giving her signs to go for it.

" Yes". She answered shyly, taking his hand as he led her to the dancefloor.

"I don't know how to dance, Adam".
She whispered.

" I know".
He answered.
"Just follow my lead".

She let him direct both their steps, it was a simple dance and all she needed to do was move right, left, front, back and turn.

" You look beautiful in this dress Amaire".
Adam complimented, speaking into her ear. She felt strange.

"Thank you for the dress, Mr anonymous".
She said.
He chuckled lightly.

Unbeknownst to the duo, multiple eyes were watching them.
Some were admiring their cuteness while others were staring daggers, Julia and Theresa fall under the latter category. Surprisingly, so does Hunter.