PART 8 - Denial

It was the morning of the day the finally going to meet Jihyo's parents.

Immediately I woke up quickly and did my morning routine and so did Jihyo.

Butterflies start coming even before I met her parents.

Jihyo : Are you ready Oppa?

Y/N : What do you think I should wear?

Jihyo : Just use this. (brings out a turtle neck and some denim jeans)

Y/N : Are you sure this isn't too informal?

Jihyo : Calm your nerves Oppa, it's just my parents.

Y/N : Well, "your parents" is someone I don't want to disappoint.

Jihyo : You won't. Look at me Oppa. (Holds my face) Nothing's gonna happen.

I sighed then agreed to wear the outfit Jihyo picked for me.

On the way to her parents' house. My foot can't stop fidgeting thinking what if her parents didn't accept him.

We arrived there and Jihyo knocked the door.

Jihyo : *knock* Abba! Eomma! I'm here!

Mr. Park : Glad to see you Jihyo! (hugs her)

Mrs. Park : Why haven't you come home recently?

Jihyo : It's been quite busy these days.

Then a little girl starts running towards Jihyo. It was for a brief second I looked at her face, but I knew it was Jihyo's sister Soyeon.

Soyeon : Unnie *hugs*. Who's this guy? (pointed at me)

I introduced myself to her family.

Y/N : Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Park, Mrs. Park, Soyeon. I'm the current manager of TWICE. (bows down)

Jihyo bums my arm, signalling to introduce myself as her boyfriend. But I was too anxious and nervous.

Jihyo : Let's go in first, I want to tell you guys something else. (she push Soyeon inside and pull me in)

We sat down in her living room, as I tensely sat down.

Mr. Kim : So what do you want to talk about Jihyo-ya?

Jihyo : This guy right here, is my boyfriend.

Her parents frozed as they look at me with a fake smile.

Mrs. Park : So you're the new one.

Y/N : Nee eommeonim.

They were still looked at me straight to the face, flabbergasted.

Jihyo : Stop staring at him, he's so nervous meeting you guys.

Mr. Park : Okay Jihyo, can you bring something to eat and drink out here? (signaling her to go to the kitchen)

I swallow my own spit, because there is only one thing that can happen after this.

Jihyo went to the kitchen to prepare glasses and what not.

Suddenly...

Mr. Park : Ugh-uhm *clearing his throat* So what are your intentions with our daughter?

Y/N : O-Oh, we just started d-dating a few days a-ago. *I was too nervous that sometimes I mess words up*

Mrs. Park : I know you look genuine with your intention, and you appear to be a pretty nice guy, but..