The Waiting Is Over

A calm settles over Louis, safe in his Alpha's strong arms, the room quieting as the world narrows to only the two of them.

Louis shifts on Harry's lap, he's hot and his slick is making his pants feel uncomfortable. He wants them off, wants to be naked. He tugs at the hem of his hoodie, pulling it away from his stomach.

"Off, Alpha. Off."

"Of course, my love. Let's get you comfortable."

Harry stands and lifts Louis into the air, setting him down on the edge of the bed and kneeling between his legs.

Louis reaches out and caresses the side of Harry's face, the light stubble on his jawline prickling under his palm. A soft sigh escapes his lips as he imagines what that will do to his inner thighs and arse cheeks and a shudder ripples through his body.

Harry smiles and lifts the hoodie over his head discarding it on the floor. Louis' long-sleeved shirt and vest follow quickly leaving his chest bare. The cooler air and electricity thrumming under his skin has his nipples stiffening.

Harry's eyes roam over Louis' exposed torso, fingers dancing down from his neck, through the dip between his collarbones, scratching over his light dusting of chest hair and finally coming to rest at his little paunch of a stomach.

"You're so beautiful," Harry says in awe. "I've thought about this moment for so long. Wondered who my bondmate would be, when I'd meet them, what they'd look like. But never did I imagine that I'd be this lucky. Your my dreams manifested to life and so much more, Louis. You're perfect."

Louis preens at Harry's words, head clearing after the initial surge of hormones driven by his Omega's desperation at having found its Alpha and needing to stake its claim. Now, in the peace and tranquillity of Harry's room, alone with its Alpha, his Omega knows they're safe and there's no need to fight anymore.

Louis allows himself to drink Harry in fully. His broad shoulders and tattooed torso are just the beginning. He trails his fingertips along his forearm and up to his neck, placing his hand over Harry's heart.

He looks up into Harry's eyes, overwhelmed, tears welling up. "I've been waiting all my life to find you. I knew you were out there, I just had to be patient, but I'd hoped it would be soon. I've kept myself pure... for you."

Harry gasps at Louis' admission. "Oh baby," he says and reaches up, taking Louis' face in his hands. Louis nuzzles into his touch. He's fairly certain that his Harry is the one who Tyler was referring to so rudely at the bar, the one who had been waiting for his precious bondmate . But maybe he's mistaken. If he is, he will, of course, be understanding if Harry has chosen to be with other people before him and Louis wants to let him know that that's alright.

"It's okay if you haven't. I know it's-"

"No," Harry says firmly, interrupting him. "I have. I've been waiting for you too."

Louis smiles, eyes crinkling at Harry's confirmation. "The universe got it right then, pairing us together."

Harry nods, thumbing over Louis' cheekbones. "It did. The most perfect union."

It doesn't always get it right, Louis knows that, he's read the stories, seen it with his own eyes on the disappointed faces of his friends, but he's always felt in his bones that his Alpha would be his match in every way possible.

Louis places his hands over Harry's, still cupping his cheeks lovingly. "Make me yours, Alpha. Bond with me."

Harry surges forward and seals their lips together, knocking the air out of Louis' lungs. Louis opens up without hesitation, letting his Alpha taste him. For a first kiss, Louis' first ever, it's so much more than he could've hoped for, filled with passion and yearning. Harry kisses like a man dying of thirst and Louis is the only thing that will quench his need.