Study

When you woke up you didn't know what time it was though you could tell from the natural light in the room that it was around early morning. You had slept well you didn't want to wake up, but you knew you weren't going to be able to fall asleep again so there wasn't a point in trying. Henry had given you two whole days off of work to get settled at the Afton's, and you had to admit it wasn't as bad as you had anticipated.
Since you woke up you played with William's kids. You played hide and seek, which Elizabeth's, Evan's, and Michael's favorite game. You also learned that sometimes William would come home to get his designs or on his break, which explained why you didn't see him outside of his office at work sometimes.
Everything was going fine, you had to admit the game was getting a bit bland, because Evan always chose the same hiding spot and you always had to be the seeker, but otherwise it was perfectly fine.
You guys had lunch together, they were very sweet kids. Evan and Michael didn't seem to get along very well though, you could tell by the way they acted together and from stories Elizabeth had told you.
Throughout this you had no idea where Mrs. Grover was, probably in the upstairs room where she was staying. 
Though when William got back from work you had a feeling things were going to get bad. He was clearly in a very bad mood, he looked tired and pretty pissed.
Elizabeth even pointed this out, 'I think Daddy didn't have a good day at work,' she whispered to you while play with her teddy bear.
This concerned you. From your experiences you knew it was typically better to stay away from him when he was like this. Even though you knew he wouldn't do anything malign around Mrs. Grover nowadays.
'Maybe we should go play somewhere else Liz,' you recommended quietly.
'Why,' she asked slamming a toy train on the floor.
'I think your dad might be a little tired, from work,' you whispered.
She looked at you confusedly, 'So,' she said now looking up at you.
'Never mind,' you sighed. There wasn't a point in trying to even reason your thoughts right now.
 William went straight to his study. What could he be doing down there? What made it so off-limits? That was what you wanted to know now, why as he down there?
'Hey Elizabeth,' you asked.
'Yeah?'
'Have you ever seen your dad's study,' you asked.
'No, Y/n he said it's off limits. We aren't allowed to go in,' she said impatiently.
'Sorry just asking,' you sighed. Maybe it was a good thing you didn't see his study, it was better not to understand him. Your world would be a lot darker if you did.
You and Elizabeth played together until dinner, where everyone was expected to eat together even with Mrs. Grover. William joined as well, he came 
William's sour mood didn't seem to change over dinner, he didn't really talk that much. You ate this time. Mrs. Grover joined five minutes late, but she was definitely a conversation starter.
'How'd everyone's day go,' she asked.
 'My day went great I got to play with Y/n and my brother's,' Elizabeth said loudly and excitedly as usual. She then went on to talk about all the games you had played together, the whole ordeal took about fifteen minutes of everyone at the table sitting and listening. At the end of this William spoke up, 'Thank you for taking care of my Elizabeth Y/n,' he said.
You felt a bit flustered by this, but ignored it. 'He was just saying this because he was in front of Mrs. Grover,' you reminded yourself.
Halfway through dinner Evan got tired and went to bed. By the time dinner ended everyone was pretty tired. You went straight to bed. You were delightfully surprised by this day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That morning you woke up early again, but this time not by yourself. There were noises, loud noises. It sounded like metal banging on metal or metal scratching itself, horrible.
 You got up startled and confused and got out of your room thinking that's where the noises were coming from, but that's not where they were coming from.
 You got out of the bed and then the room to check what was going on.The noises seemed to be coming from the kitchen, but when you got there your heart dropped. The noise wasn't coming from the kitchen, it was coming from William's study.
Your stomach felt empty and your face got hot, you were stressed. You had to go down there, what if something bad was happening? The noises had changed now, you couldn't even process in your mind what they sounded like, there was no way to compare it to something you had heard before. It was a new sound for you. 
You grabbed a kitchen knife that was sitting on a near table, just in case something dangerous was down there, you'd have a way to defend yourself.
You walked slowly down the stairs trying to be quiet. It was hard with the creaking floor boards, as you were walking down the stairs the noise quieted. You kept going though. You were just going to check where the sound was coming from and then go back upstairs. 
Finally you turned the door knob slowly and pulled the door open. It surprised you it wasn't locked despite the fact that it had a lock and a place for a key to be inserted. 
You took one step into the study, nothing was irregular. You immediately something robotic moving, it was what was making the noise. You stepped closer to get a better look, but as you did so something lunged behind at you from behind and grabbed you by the shoulders. The kitchen knife was fell out of your hand. You tried to scream but something was stopping you, a gag. 
You knew only death awaited you.

Ok so this chapter was drier than the sahara desert I know, but it was a set up for the next chapter which,if it goes to plan,will be pretty important to the plot. 
I'm trying to see how writing a cliffhanger works out for me, I will update tomorrow or the day after!
Thank you guys for 2.4k reads :)
Word Count: 1057