Volume 1 Chapter 4: Battle & Recovery!

Previously: She was wobbling as she walked towards Don Krieg but her eyes were filled with bloodlust and anger.

While she was walking towards the boss, the crew faced off against pearl and the goons left over. Sanj was told to watch very carefully how she fights.

She stretched out her arms and she slashed through ten men in one swift movement. She sheathed her swords, bit her right thumb, and blew air into it until it became a huge fist. She charged up a punch and leaped into the air. His eyes widened at the sight of her black shiny fist coming straight towards him. He tried to shoot it down they just bounced off her fingers and exploded behind him. She shifted her weight and kicked him instead. The impact against his armor made a huge explosion sound, due to her breaking the sound barrier.

He flew up in the air she threw her Ōdachi into the ground and pushed off its hilt to fly towards Don Krieg. He saw her spin in the air slowly shrinking in size. She ax kicked him in the stomach with Haki, causing him to puke up his lunch and blood soon after. He landed heavily a few meters from her Ōdachi sword. She landed on his chest, his armor cracked all over. She jumped off his belly and went to retrieve her Ōdachi sword from the deck. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a tight embrace. She started to choke by his strong grip. But then suddenly she fully shrank into a child-size. She grabbed her sword and stretched her arm backward and slingshot it onto the deck of her Marine ship. She sighed softly and looked up at him,"Your armor is strong but you are not." He punched her but she did one of her famous moves,"Gum gum bazooka." He froze up to the sound of cracking. He looked down and his armor crumbled to nothing. She chuckled softly as soon as he looked back at her she was uppercutting him in the jaw with a shiny black fist. He but his tongue and passed out mid-fall.

She turned around to see Sanji fighting Gin and they were both down for the count.

She sensed danger and just barely dodged his mighty battle spear, it exploded upon impact. She fell to the ground and got hit with his spear over and over again. Her blood went everywhere.

She rolled over and blocked his final strike. She struggled against his strength and pushed him back as she leaned forward off the ground.

She kicked his staff and he slid a few feet back on already sinking planks of wood.

She gripped onto her sword's hilt. "If my fists won't work then I have no choice but to use my sword." She slowly pulled out her sword, its blade was blood red. She put her heavy sheath on her black holster on her back. She held out her sword behind her as she ran towards him. He swung his spear towards her. She slid on the ground and sliced straight through the spear until the hilt. She slid through his legs and turned around and leaped towards his back. He went to swing his spear but it fell apart and an explosion happened directly in his face. He fell back in surprise and she slashed his back several times over and then landed gracefully in front of him, all while sheathing her sword. She smirked confidently as he fell to the ground almost dead.

She stumbled towards the others but as soon as she reached out her hand to use her devil fruit powers. She lost control over her body and fell into the water face forward. Sanji saw this but was too damaged to save her. Usopp shouted out her name and leaped into the water. She reached out her hand slowly sinking deeper. Usopp reached out desperately as he kicked in the water. She coughed out blood and passed out. He grabbed her hand and pulled her to the surface. A group of cooks helped them up to the fins of the ship. Sanji pushed Usopp out of the way and performed CPR.

She woke up before he could kiss her, she headbutted him by accident. He saw stars and his eyes were hearts. She grabbed her head and groaned deeply in pain. She looked over at Usopp,"Go get me my red tailcoat. Zoro is using my white one." "Right!" He ran towards the ship. She sat there motionless in pain. Her vision was blurry and her insides were turning.

She grabbed her coat and pulled out a transponder snail watch from one of her pockets. She clicked it open,"Marine HQ, here. How can we help you Vice Admiral Luffy?"

She coughed out even more blood. She tried to speak but nothing came out. "Vice Admiral Luffy?" She struggled against her own body and said one name,"Smoker." "Of course, I'll relay your transmission to his snail." She tried to stand but couldn't move. Her entire body was shaking violently. "Nami..." Usopp ran towards the ship and screamed out for Nami to come here. She ran over to see Luffy barely conscious. "CLICK..." "Yeah, what is it? Damn Straw Hat?" She coughed out more blood. He heard this and went to insult her for wasting his time. "Sorry, Smoky..." His eyes widened at the sound of her weak voice. "What happened, are you alright?" His tune changed fairly quickly. "Captain Luffy, hang on we'll get you some help!" Nami shouted out worried. "Who is that?" Smoker demanded sternly. "She recruited me to her navigator. She's in bad condition, so much blood." "Where are you?" "The floating restaurant Baratie." Luffy started wheezing and coughing. "Tell him. Nami. Location of Arlong." She clenched her teeth extremely tight. "Alright, we are going to Arlong park next." "Right, I'll meet you there. Hold on, Straw Hat." She smiled happily at his words,"Smoky, I missed your voice." She collapsed to the ground barely breathing. Nami screamed out in fear,"No!" She accidentally shut the snail watch.

Smoker sat up and rushed towards the railing. "Everyone get up and hurry. We have a job at Arlong park!"

Everyone: "Yes, sir!"

Back to the straw hats Marines: (Everyone looked Nami's way as she held out her hand that was holding the transponder snail.

Nami: "The navy was been called, you better scatter before backup arrives." She collapsed to her knees with her hands hovering above her temporary's broken body. "Please hold on."

The cooks ran over and reach out to see her wound. But she woke up and grabbed their wrists while still being unconscious. She muttered a single name,"Smoky." She pushed herself up and walked forward towards the head chef and Sanji. She smiled happily at Sanji with her eyes closed. "Join me, please." His eyes widened at her glazed-over eyes staring directly into his,"Today was a bad day for me. I may be a vice-admiral but I'm still a teenager. We can grow stronger together." She held out her hand. He reached out but hesitated. "What's your dream?" She stood there dripping wet with blood. "To see the All Blue but..." She grabbed his hand and gripped onto it tightly. "I promise if you join me, that you will get to see it. I haven't traveled the seas yet, but I'm determined to reach the new world and become the strongest Marine in the entire world." He smirked slightly and shook her hand. She nodded her head slightly,"Welcome to the Straw Hats." She fell forward, he caught her and looked down to saw that she was fast asleep. He sighed softly,"Let's get going Sanji, Arlong park is ways away." Nami ran towards the ship. "Old man, I'd like to..." He tried to turn around but then felt Zeff hugging from behind. "Take care, you damn brat." He started crying as he carried Luffy in his arms towards the ship. "Same to you, old man." He spits out the smoke and leaped onto the Marine ship, he landed groaning in pain. Usopp treated him as well. Nami helps Luffy stand up and drag her to the captain's quarters. She grabbed the ship's railing,"Food." Nami screamed out to the cooks,"Can you feed us before we go? We got money!" Zeff smirked slightly,"Sure, why not."

To be continued....