Volume 1 Chapter 5: Arlong Park & Smoky!

Previously: Luffy and her crew ate the Special food from the floating restaurant Baratie. And all those who got hurt in the fight got bandaged up. They rested up for a day and then set sail for Arlong Park.

Luffy slept in her captain's quarters. Her swords were leaning up against the wall and her guns were on her desk.

A few days later: (Everyone has recovered but isn't fully healed up, at least not yet.)

They arrive at the small village of Cocoyasi. Smoker Marine ship was anchored a few hundred feet from shore. The Straw Hats anchored their ship a few meters away from Captain Smoker.

He ran towards the railing and jumped over to the other ship with the help of his white smoke devil fruit power.

Once he landed his crew set up a plank across the gap. Smoker saw Zoro sleeping soundly on the deck. Nami walked towards the captain and slightly smiled. "If you are looking for Luffy, she's in her office." He nodded his head and ran towards the door but stopped to see Luffy opening it. She looked up and smiled happily. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself towards him. He hugged her back smiling widely with a shine in his eyes. She pulled away and dropped down. He chuckled softly and then lit a new pair of cigars in the corner of his mouth. She was in her Vice Admiral Crimson outfit. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a cigarette and he lit hers up. She inhaled deeply and then exhaled slowly. She crushed it in her hand and flicked it into the sea. "Too much of it will kill me." She looked behind Smoker to see her crew gathering around and chatting. She sighed softly as she walked towards them. "I'm glad you are feeling better, Captain!" Usopp shouted. "Drop the captain part, it's just Luffy. We are all friends here. I am your Captain but I'm still human. Johnny bring our prisoner to the top deck for transfer." "Right!" She turned around and Smoker was standing a few feet away. "I'm handing over an incompetent marine to you. I called in and told them you will be coming, instead of me."

She leaned up against the railing and sighed softly. "What are you going to do, Straw Hat?" He leaned up against the railing as well. "I made a promise and I plan to keep it. Please just stay here and witness my new crew in action." He nodded his head slightly. "Just don't do anything too reckless." "It's me we are  talking about, but I'll try my best." She held out her hand and grabbed his arm, he did the same to her. They locked eyes,"No matter where we go, we are connected. Bonded by friendship and blood." She smiled warmly at him, he just slightly smirked at her. "Take care, Smoky." "Likewise, Straw Hat."

Luffy ran towards the sailboat,"Let's go everyone! We got a fish-men to fry."

Straw Hats: "Yeah!"

They all walked towards the outer wall, Luffy took a step back and charged up a punch. The wall crumbled and fell apart. Luffy dashed towards Arlong. She went to punch him but he grabbed her hand and threw her into the distance.

Sanji fights- Kuroobi

Zoro fights - Hatchan

Usopp fights - Chew

They split up and went to face their targets. It was a struggle but they eventually defeated the fish man and then Arlong was left. Luffy destroys another wall in her way. She walked towards Arlong before he killed the Straw Hats.

Luffy: "Get away from my crew."

Arlong: "Your crew? But you are just a little girl."

Luffy: "I may be small to a tall brute like you but, I'm still a vice-admiral of the navy!"

She dashed towards him with her hand gripping onto the hilt of her sword. He smirked devilishly and went to punch her, but she thrust her leg towards him, it was as fast as a bullet. It was covered in black haki, he coughed out blood upon impact. Before he could do anything her body caught up with her leg and she headbutted him with a Haki-covered forehead.

He grabbed her collar and threw her into the yellow building to his left. She looked up to him thrusting a sharp blade towards her, she rolled out of the way. She sent her right foot up in the air through multiple stories of the very tall building. He went to stab her once more but she brought down her foot. Ax kicking him in the cranium, he fell forward but thrust his weapon on his way to the ground. She got stabbed in the right shoulder, she punched him and the weapon in one swift attack. He flew out of the building and onto the ground near the pool of water.

He struggled to sit up, he saw a stretchy fist coming towards him. He saw his special weapon was broken so he opened his mouth and locked his jaw. She went flying towards him, she grabbed the pillar and stopped herself from sling shooting into the pool of water behind him. She looked over at hurt Zoro and Sanji. They both screamed out,"No, don't!" She let go and blew into her thumb and shifted her weight. She dropped kicked him at full strength in the face and chest with Haki-covered feet. She hit the water and his body slowly slid into the water. Sanji and Zoro stumbled towards Arlong's body and grabbed his hands. Johnny and Yosaku ran over and helped pull the huge fish man out of the water, Luffy got pulled up alongside him, due to his jaw becoming locked in place with her hand in his mouth.

She coughed out the seawater and laughed happily,"I fulfilled my promise, Nami..." She fell asleep.

Smoker went to the island to help Nami draw out the dirty marine. And arrest him.

Afterward ~ The villagers throw their saviors a party, Nami, Johnny, and Yosaku become full official members of the Straw Hats. Nami gets a new tattoo of a tangerine and a pinwheel merged to cover up Arlong's tattoo. The others got stitches by the Village's doctor.

Smoker and the Straw Hats traveled to Logue Town to get stocked up on supplies.

They left Logue Town a few days later of rest, Smoky went to say goodbye but Luffy propelled herself towards him. He collapsed to the ground groaning in pain. She was in his chest giggling and smiling widely.

Smoker: "Get off me."

Luffy: "Sorry about the hard landing, I was just sad about leaving you so soon."

Smoker: "You do know that we will see each other again."

Luffy: "I know but.."

Smoker: "No butts."

Luffy: "Okay."

She got off him and pulled him back up. And then hugged him tightly. He looked down and blushed bright red in his cheeks. "I'll miss you, Smoky." He patted her head and she looked up. She smirked slightly,"Likewise, Straw Hat."

She ran towards her crew and ship with an excited look in her eyes. They all waved her way, she spun around and ran backward,"Take care, Smoky!" He waved goodbye to her and sighed softly. "You too."

The crew vows to each other their dreams and an unbreakable bond of friendship. As they reach the Marine entrance to the grand line.

Straw Hats: Yosaku, Johnny, Zoro, Nami, Sanji, Usopp, and Luffy. (Ex-pirates, bounty hunters, and big dreamers.)

To be continued...