lX : Kay Carter

Liam-

As the responsible one in the band I was doing laundry when I cam across a piece of paper while making sure that all of the pockets in jeans were empty. It was crumpled up and written in a scribble was the words. ‘Thalia Carter (Kay’s mum)’ and an address.

I knew that Kay was smart, and an idea flew into my head instantly. She delayed into going to her mums, where she probably was now, that way; her mum hadn’t seen her until we had checked there already.

I quickly throw the rest of the clothes into the washer and grab Louis arm, dragging him to the car.

“Liam! Where are we going?!” he asks, not exactly protesting with me taking him anywhere.

“To find Kay. “ I tell him.

“You know where she is?” he asks me, pulling his seatbelt on.

“Not exactly, but I have a damn good idea about where she might be.” I say, typing in the address in to the GPS.

It only took about 15 minutes but we made it to a nice flat building and went straight to the lift and went to the top floor where it says Kay’s mum lives.

Both I and Louis shift feet in nervousness on the way up. When it bings and opens the door we scramble out trying to compose ourselves before we knock.

I knock and fall back with Louis as an older version of Kay opens the door.

“Hello boys, how may I help you?” she says.

“We are looking for Kay Taylor.” Louis spits out.

“Sorry love I can’t help you. She hasn’t been here.”

I knock Louis upside the head. “He means Kay Carter.”

“In that case,” Kay’s mum states “I can help you. Come in.” she welcomes us inside as I mentally applaud myself for remembering that Kay isn’t a Taylor anymore after she turned 18.

“Sit down boys.” She says, motioning to the couch. “Kay!” she calls out.

“Coming!” Kay voice says, but no sign of her.

Louis looks at me and whispers, “You’re a genius Liam!”

“I know.” I tell him, putting on a smile.

“Watcha need mum.” Kay says appearing out a doorway. Her light hair was up in a messy bun and her eyes shone through in the sunlight of the opened curtains.

She quickly catches sight of us and shakes her head. “No,” she says pointing at us, “You can’t be here. Mum! I thought we talked about this.” She says, her eyes pleading to her mum for help.