Ch3 - We are Lovers

“I…heard that Xie Mu woke up, so I came over to take a look.”

Tan Tao adjusted his glasses, with a mild smile at the corner of his lips, to conceal his previous discomfort, “I see that I came at a bad time, are you two returning home?”

Returning home?

Did he not already tell Tan Tao that he had broken up with Xie Mu?

Bo Qin frowned and avoided looking at the hand of the youth hidden behind his body, still wanting to grab onto him. He suppressed his feeling of abnormality, “He has trouble walking alone, so I am helping him.”

The youth’s hand was once again shaken off, his pale face on display in front of Tan Tao’s eyes without his shelter of protection.

His slightly upturned eyes darkened for a moment as he greedily took in the sight of the man before him, resembling a hunter looking at his prey.

While Xie Mu could not discern this type of well-veiled greed, he bore a fear of Tan Tao. He took a step back, pale-faced, his lips even trembling as he looked towards Bo Qin for help, “Bo zong…”

Although the young man was already 22, his eyes shone as if they had yet to see the world. When he, nervously and frustratedly, looked over, Bao Qin actually felt a stirring of desire.

“Bo zong, could you send me out…”

Bo Qin had to admit, both the 22-year-old Xie Mu and the 19-year-old Xie Mu could awaken his body’s most primitive reactions.

In his mind, the young man was bowing down, looking up at him with eyes of admiration. He could see him in bed, obediently clinging onto his neck and sobbingly calling out his name, even when he could no longer take it.

He had not felt this kind of connection since Xie Mu had fallen unconscious.

Bo Qin had always thought with the lower half of his body. 19-year-old Xie Mu did not detect the change in the expression with which he looked at him, but to the Tan Tao, standing on the side, that slight shift was clear as day.

His heart sank. Cradling the bouquet of lilies, he walked to stand in front of the youth whose face was scared pale.

“Xie Mu, these flowers are for you. Congratulations on waking up.”

The bouquet of perfectly blooming lilies arrived in front of him. The young man appeared frightened, with eyes full of cowardice, a look that the 22-year-old Xie Mu would never have shown.

Xie Mu had prided himself on his self-composure, a fact, which Tan Tao had yet to discover due to their previous encounter. Prior to the person in front of him fainting, his performance in bed had sufficiently made such a Xie Mu lose his normal calmness and restraint.

Seeing the bottom lip of the youth trembling, Tan Tao quirked a corner of his mouth, “Is something wrong? Do you not like lilies?”

"Th-thank you..."

Xie Mu cpuld not understand why Tan Tao would speak with him so familiarly. He quaveringly thanked him, carefully taking the flowers.

Tan Tao slightly lowered his eyes. Upon seeing the evading appearance of the young man, his hand trails along the stem of the flower, landing on Xie Mu's hand, seemingly inadvertently.

“Your hand is so cold.”

The man spoke sighing as Xie Mu tried to struggle free from his gentle, but undisputedly firm grasp.

Subconsciously, he looked pleadingly at Bo Qin, who was observing coldly off to the side, “Bo zong…”

Tan Tao felt the cold skin underneath his hand, raising an eyebrow and glancing at his good friend, “Bo Qin, isn’t your company very busy? Let me take care of Xie Mu. You don’t need to worry. I’ll take care of him very well.”