Ch7 - Man, thy name is self-sabotage

Tonight, Bo Qin was once again working overtime.

For some reason, he was always tired. From the time he had taken on the company, other than his usual leisure activities, he was working overtime, often staying deep into the night at the office. Even for someone as tough as him, some fatigue still showed through between his brows.

The man knocked on the table, “Coffee.”

The secretary, who had been watching over the office, immediately went to serve coffee. When he delivered the coffee to the desk, Bo Qin only sipped a mouthful before his sharp eyebrows scrunched together, “Who allowed you to put in sugar.”

“S-sorry, Bo zong…”

The secretary had accompanied him in staying up for at least half the night. He had long been unable to hide his sleepiness; however, upon hearing that cold voice, his expression shook, and he began apologizing nonstop.

Bo Qin’s face was frigid as he set down his coffee, “Enough, get off work, ba.”

The secretary let out a sigh of relief and immediately began organizing his things, ignorant of his boss’s decision to fire him.

After working for him for almost a week, he still didn’t know that he didn’t take sugar with his coffee. Why did he even need such a secretary!

Other than those first few days, Xie Mu had never made any mistakes as his secretary. He had been completely different from these other people.

These thoughts had only just sprouted in the man’s heart before he beat them back. The frosty expression on his face sank, and his state of mind was in a never before experienced turmoil.

If he had not seen Xie Mu and been reminded of their past, he would not have come to his new realization. He would have remained ignorant of the fact that ever since Xie Mu’s hospitalization, his new secretaries kept coming and going, none lasting past two weeks.

Not careful enough, lacking in perception, completely unobservant.

These three sentences made up Bo Qin’s general appraisal of those secretaries.

Before, he had been too lazy to consider why he had been so picky about those secretaries. But now, thinking about it, he had had a gem, someone of outstanding ability.

Xie Mu, that type was indeed seldomly seen, a rarity.

He spun his pen as he reminisced that sunny youth’s faint smile and words, as well as that soft expression of his. When Tan Tao had pulled him away, his slender waist had swayed hastily.

Bo Qin tossed aside his pen, slightly agitated. When he casually opened up his browser, the first image that entered his sight was that of the youth’s weak expression as he looked towards the camera lens. His thin fingers faintly covered up half of his face, the look on his face surprised and confused.

The headline was worded in such a way to grab people’s attention, even intentionally adding three exclamation marks.

[Tan Tao’s same-sex lover exposed!!!]

It was Xie Mu.

But it also didn’t seem like Xie Mu.

Except when in bed, the man had seldom seen an expression other than calm or docile on Xie Mu’s face. Only when that fair and pretty face was dyed red with embarrassment was he able to hear him cry beseechingly for Bo Qin to stop.

This face, this expression.

Bo Qin steadily examined this picture that was clearly not taken under normal circumstances,