Chapter 8

He stepped back, hesitant, with eyes full of confusion, “Bo zong, you…”

“Seems like Tan Tao truly and thoroughly brainwashed you, ah.”

Bo Qin smiled mockingly, the depths of his eyes frigid with a layer of ice. His manner, akin to an executioner interrogating a prisoner with the outcome already determined, was successful in frightening the youth.

Xie Mu still remembered his lover’s words. Seeing Bo Qin stride towards him on his long legs, his heart became flustered. He was afraid of him suddenly spouting vicious remarks, just like last time, and retreated a few more steps backward.

He had only just recovered from his severe ailment, and his face was still a little pallid. His anxious and alarmed appearance of avoidance made it seem as if Bo Qin was forcing young maidens from good families to prostitute themselves.

The youth stared round-eyed, looking towards Bo Qin with both innocence and distress. With his slightly pale lips, paired with those red-tinted eyes, he appeared frail enough to blow over with one gust of wind.

His avoidance, in the man’s eyes, was similar to a turtle shuffling away slowly. With ease, he arrived in front of the youth, pinning him single-handedly to the tree behind him.

Bo Qin seemed as if he had just caught his prey, abruptly gripping Xie Mu’s tender wrist, the wrist that looked delicate enough to break with one single bend.

“Why are you running?”

The man’s deep voice was hoarse from being suppressed. Bo Qin lowered his head, his lips landing near the youth’s ear, nearly touching the side of that fair complexion, “are you scared that I’ll eat you?”

The youth still had not a clear grasp of the situation and was about to open his mouth to question him when he suddenly felt something against him. A hard object was slowly awakening and pressing up against him through his clothing.

He may have only had his nineteen years of memories, but, as a man, how could he not have known what that was.

Towards him, Bo Qin held desire; Xie Mu’s body drenched in a cold sweat at the thought.

His nervous emotions were at their limit as Xie Mu attempted to yank off his hand, the terror in his eyes intensifying.

“Bo zong, is there a problem, I…”

“Xie Mu.”

The man leaned down with a repressive air, blowing at his nape, “You truly forgot?”

“I, I don’t understand your words…”

Hearing the youth’s trembling voice, Bo Qin locked him in his embrace. He lowered his eyes slightly to look at that pair of fright-widened eyes and their pretty pupils.

“Tan Tao is lying to you; your lover is not him.”

The person in his embrace was nervous to the extent that his body could not stop quivering. The tint of red at his nape, even Xie Mu’s nervous short intakes, all of these pierced Bo Qin’s already unstable nerves.

He could not restrain himself from sticking the youth’s body even closer to him, as if he were leeching off of his warmth, sniffing slightly at that scent of fresh grass.

Xie Mu only stared blankly for a moment before he quickly reacted again. He shook his head, gritting his teeth, “He didn’t trick me! We are lovers!”

He spoke somewhat furiously. Nit waiting for Bo Qin to react,  the ordinarily weak youth stomped down while he was distracted, intending to escape while Bo Qin is in pain.