Chapter 1

Charlotte POV

"This project is giving me a headache." I rub my forehead as I take my eyes off the screen after what seemed like years. 

"We are in the beginning of the semester for crying out loud." My friend, Ana exclaimed. We met in freshman year of college and she is with me through out until the junior year. She has become my family away from home. 

My parents met each other when they were in college. Dad was Japanese exchange student, they fell in love and decided to get married. Dad got an amazing job offer from a Japanese company which required him to move back to Japan, my mom decided to move with him and that's how I ended up in Japan. So, I grew up and did my schooling there until my dad died. So we had to move back to our hometown, Jacksonville, Florida.

Shifting from Japanese culture to American was so difficult in my freshman year of high school. People asking me if I know Chinese or how I speak English so fluently etc. But I survived through and decided to major in English Lit. Honestly, I never thought it would be this difficult. But I am enjoying the subjects so I think I couldn't ask for more. 

"I have to go. I have an early class and also Cam can't wait any longer. Do you want me to drop you?" 

"Yes please. I am in no mood to take the taxi." I sighed. It is also very difficult to get a taxi to the apartment where I am staying. Just few more months and I will go back to Japan. If I do not get a job here. I thank Ana for the lift and enter the elevator. My room is in the first floor but I prefer using the elevator than using the stairs and seeing things I absolutely don't wanna see. 

I drop dead on my bed as soon as I reach home. I groan at the thought of cooking and decide to make some instant noodles instead and I do so. 

***

"Have you heard about that band called RXT? They are performing at that plaza next to your house. How freaking amazing is that?" Ana sounded excited. 

"Who?" she looked at me like I had asked her for her life. "You don't know them?" I shook my head no. 

"Dude, what the hell?" She pulled out her phone and showed me a group picture. 

"Look how hot they are. God, I could just eat them." I shook my head. "They do look nice."

"I could kill Cam for anyone from these eight." Just then Cam came and asked whom would she kill. I ran away as I did not wanna get in between them. 

"Heyya biatch." Becky shouted on the other end. "How's my girl." 

"Your girl is good Becs. How are you?" I speak to my high school friend as I walk towards my class. 

***

Upon reaching home, I throw my bag on the couch and run to the washroom. I feel the urge to pee every time I use an elevator; especially my apartment's. Ugh. 

I then prep for the dinner and decided to make some fried rice as it has been so long since I had a proper one. I finish my dinner and get on to my project work before I could go back to sleep.

Who am I kidding? I took out my laptop and decided to watch anime. Though Becky always urged me to watch a k drama from the list she had sent. I didn't feel like. 

"Maybe I should give it a try. And see how much of Korean I can remember." I took out the list and skimmed through the ratings and decided to watch "Goblin."

__________________