chapter 4 : my hero's

little did void know, lydia was sat in stiles car waiting for stiles and scott to get back from the toilet when she spotted her best friend. she took photos of the number plate and told stiles snd scott everything when they got back.

" we have to go now then " stiles said turning his key

lydia nodded in agreement but scott shook his.

" no "

" no? what do you mean no this is fleur we are talking about, lydias just seen her shoved into a backseat we nee- " stiles rambled on

" i said no. we need void to think we didn't see him, we need him to let his guard down before we attack. it will give us an advantage " scott said confidently

lydia still in shock of seeing her best friend after 4 days of her being missing wanted to follow her right away ; but she knew scott was right in having an advantage would help.

" fine " lydia said " don't follow her until tomorrow, but that's IT any longer than tomorrow i won't stand for "

" that's - yeah that's fair " stiles agreed

" okay, we will follow the car tomorrow. but now we need to link the cars number plate to a house "

———

the next day

lydia, scott, allison and stiles prepared to go to the house that was connected to the car void was in ; tracing it and coming up with a plan took longer than expected. 6 days in total.

while at voids house fleur and void were getting closer and closer by the minute.

" morning void " fleur said casually, comfortably. voids moody face in the morning had grown on her, seeing him wake up in a worse state than he seemed to make her in a better mood.

" morning fleur " void grumbled back. " why are you so cheery " he inquired, from what he had observed fleur was anything but a morning person.

" seeing you in a worse state than me brings me a strange type of joy, void " fleur replied truthfully sliding past him and into the main room to make breakfast.

sighing in exasperation, void tried to ignore her comment. soon distracted from fleur's rambling about food, he heard a suspicious rustle from outside.

" hello? " fleur sighed realising void wasn't listening, but in a trance looking out the window.

void ignored her.

" Hello?? " fleur repeated

void twitched at the sound of her voice.

" reply to me! " fleur insisted, void whipped around, swiftly putting his hand around her neck and pinning her to the closest wall. fleur gasped and flinched to put her hands in front of her face in protection.

" shut. up. " void sneered into her ear. dropping her from the wall not breaking character. " go back to your room and close the blinds " void commanded

" why? " fleur asked confidently disregarding how shaken she was from voids action only seconds ago.

" just do it "

" WHY " she shouted back wanting an answer, all she wanted was answers to questions she didn't even know to ask.

" FUCKING DO IT " he shouted back taking dominance in the argument.

fleur's eyes filled with tears from the stress and void shouting at her. she didn't normally cry but in this moment - she was scared.

trying not to cry she stormed off into her room and slammed the door. that's when she looked out the window and spotted allison with her bow in hand.

void appeared on the other side of the window suddenly. as if he appeared out of thin air. before fleur couldn't see anything because of the closing blinds allison shot her arrow at the window.

the metallic blinds shit from the outside but the arrow still hit the glass; smashing it and sending shards flying around fleur's room. she wasn't badly hurt but when she turned the lights on and looked in the mirror there was a deep gash on the top of her hairline.

the situation was no longer in voids hands and he had lost control. fleur could hear stiles and lydia's shouts for her in the house. fleur following the sounds on instinct shouted back. " i'm here! "

lydia engulfing fleur in a tight hug as soon as she saw her best friend breathed " thank god you're safe " . the right feeling from her chest since fleur disappeared finally releasing.

stiles joining the hug also sighed in relief. " let's get out of here " he instructed. nodding along lydia looked at fleur and the guilt painted on her face.

fleur followed stiles and lydia to the familiar jeep jumping in slightly numbed from the whole experience. fleur looked out the window and scott growled at void and allison held her bow up in power on the other side of him.

void never breaking eye contact with fleur she turned back around and sank down in the back seat.

" they'll be okay right? " , her voice quavering at each word.

" they're tough, they can do it " stiles reassured her looking in the wind mirror to see fleur with tears in her eyes.