chapter 9 : hostage pt.2

the last meal fleur had ate was a whole day ago, absolutely starving fleur had nothing to do but listen to the gargoyles of her stomach and sleep.

fleur watched the sliver of sunlight bounce around the room from the thin window at the ceiling to pass the time, reflecting it around the room with the gold rings on her fingers.

the 24 hour mark had to have passed by now, fleur clocked that void was giving her food once a day. once a day in a 30 second gap she had to escape. or at least confront void.

void made fleur nervous, he gave her butterflies at the worst times and made her angry beyond anyone's imagination. but there was something that drew her to him ; she wasn't sure if it was the way he walked, talked or presented himself. but fleur was attracted to the aua he gave off and how he acted when no one else was around.

the door clicked open again " void! wait! " fleur said scrambling up the stairs as if her life depended on it.

" you can't keep me down here feeding me once a fucking day! it's inhuman. "

" good thing i'm not human then " he joked poorly

" i'm serious void. i can't deal with this any more " fleur said weakly, her body on the verge of collapsing from being tired and hungry. not being able to sleep because your hungry is the worst thing possible.

and with that the cold door was shut in fleur's face, looking down at the food she saw two protein bars, a chicken stuffed panini and a large 2litre bottle of water.

diving down to her knees immediately grabbing the bottle fleur chugged down as much water as she could without throwing up.

thankful for the bare minimum fleur still planned out her next confrontation. maybe a different approach would be better. maybe hide from him? or act like she's dead?

———

still in voids jumper she decided to take it off and place it with the empty plate of food and wrappers. implying it needs a wash fleur hoped he would take it, giving her a longer chance to talk to him.

once again, the door clicked to unlock and fleur called up for void just as she did the day before. utterly freezing without the jumper fleur shivered on the spot.

" what? " void shouted down

fleur shuffled over to under the stairs in anticipation of void waking down into the room and not seeing fleur.

just as she had planned fleur jumped onto void, strangling him with her arms. suppressing void he was at first thrown and was pulled back.

but then void being supernatural, he gained posture and just stood while the weak girl struggled for power. giving up and jumping off his broad shoulders, fleur made a dash for the door running up the cold hard stairs.

void went straight into instinct, grabbing fleur's ankle harshly before she could escape again. he felt an uncomfortable cracking in the girls ankle.

" shit! fleur! " void exclaimed worriedly even before she could groan out in pain. he stepped up on the stairs and picked her up bridal style, immediately taking her up the stairs himself.

the warm air hit her welcomingly and she no longer struggled in voids arms. she heard a very low and slow bumping of a heart.

"  okay fleur i didn't mean that " void informed calmly while he rested fleur's body on the sofa. " don't go anywhere "

and she didn't. it was weird seeing void visibly worried after he had kept her in a rotten basement for two days. but she was comforted by his arms and his actions to when he accidentally hurt her.

walking back into the room void came back with a red first aid box. " don't you wanna like eat my pain or something? " fleur asked before void started tending to her ankle.

" no, the chaos from scott's pack is enough for weeks " void replied casually. fleur felt sad at the thought of her friends and how worried they were. void noticing the sudden uncomfortableness " but i think the banshee knows you're not in danger "

" how? " fleur's head shooting up, looking directly into his eyes.

" not as much panic from her, she isn't as urgent as the others to find you either. she's slower with her ideas "

" oh " fleur wanted the conversation to end; and fast. emotional topics were never great for fleur, she was quite a stubborn closed off girl.

" yeah " void continued to fit a tight medical sleeve to fleur's ankle. she had only sprained it but it would hurt to walk for the next few days.

" do you want me to take you to your room? " void queried

fleur only thinking of the basement shuffled away and shook her head.

" fleur, your room. not the basement, i had to put you in there only for a few days or scott would've been able to find you dove " his deep voice rumbled

" oh, okay. " conflicted with her friends and void fleur couldn't process it all at the moment and just decided to nod at voids previous question.