Chapter 1

The Streets of Washington D.C. were full of both light and life as a massive school parade was out playing out the star spangled banner as the crowds to the sides were cheering the students on. Police were blocking cars from the road ways so that the path for the parade would be clear. Today was the 4th of July, Independence Day.

Fireworks stands were being set up for the fireworks show yo take place above the White House in celebration of their independence and the birth of the United States of America.

President Hartman was in his office sighing a few more papers and deciding on some new bill ideas sent to him by the Senate and House. He was hoping to finish up today so he could join his family and some political friends of his out on the White House lawn for a barbecue and to watch the fireworks show.

Hartman grabbed his glass cup of water and took another swig, refreshing his mind as he continued to sort through the many papers on his desk. Being President was a much more difficult than he expected at first, but he pushed through it and managed to gain a lot of favor of the people half way through his first term.

"Uh Mr. President." His secretary called from his comms system on his desk. "The Secretary of Defense is contacting you sir."

"Thanks Nelly, put him through to me." He responded as he was switched over to the Secretary of Defense. "Mr. President. I know you maybe busy right now but we have a situation."

"Oh no, is it the Chinese or the Russians? Are they sending a fleet towards our waters?" The President asked.

"Negative sir. Satellites have identified a strong continuous pulse of radiation readings by the which we have never seen before." The SoD responded. "We've detected it just off the eastern coast of the Hawaii Islands. We have a small pacific fleet being sent to investigate as we speak."

"Understood. Keep me updated on the situation at hand. I wanna know exactly what's going on." Hartman replied.

"Yes sir Mr. President."

The President sighed to himself as the connection was cut. "God damn it. This better not be some Chinese or Russian trick." He was hoping his service terms would be quiet and easy, but it would seem the universe had other ideas...

...The Second Pacific Battle Fleet consisting of one Ford aircraft carrier, two Montana battleships, four Florida cruisers and two Arleigh Burke destroyers sailed across the waters off the Hawaii coast as they had received orders from the Fleet Command to do so.

"Commander, we're coming up on the coordinates received from NORAD. Radar's picking up some strange reading unlike anything ever seen." The commander aboard the carrier grabbed a pair of binoculars are began looking out at the distance in the general direction of the readings. There he spotted it. "What the hell is that?"

What he saw was unlike anything he's ever seen. It looked much like some sort of large light, stretching a good length horizontally and vertically. It was constantly pulsing out large amounts of light. "Helm, fleet ahead slow."

"Fleet ahead slow aye sir." The helmsman repeated as the ships in the fleet began to slow their approach as they closed in on the unknown anomaly.

"Sir. That thing is emitting a lot of unknown radiation, and it causing hell for our radars." One of the operators reported as their radars were showing sighs of interference. "Send a team out in an inflatable. Have them commence a close in analysis of this thing."

A small rubber dinghy propelled by a motor began driving out from the carrier towards the anomaly. The men onboard were wearing hazard suits just incase this thing was harmful. They closed in on it and came to a dead stop before it. The thing towered over them by about a full mile, and stretched about half a mile. One of the men reached their arm out and the pulses of light brushed over his rubber latex covered hand, showing no sighs of damage to degradation. "Pull us inward. Let's see if there's anything on the inside."