thursday & friday

It was 6:00 am, chongyun's alarm had started to ring. He snoozed it about 3 times before finally waking up. Chongyun HATES mornings, like REALLY HATES mornings, if anything he wishes he could wake up at 6 pm instead. he stood up and stared blankly at his photo wall, half awake. it was full of photos Xingqiu and him had taken, it made chongyun finally wake up and head to the bathroom to shower. after his morning "routine" it was about 7:15, school starts at 8 so he had a bunch of time to go exorcise some spirits. Its a weird routine of his because he always gets in a bad mood after, since he "didn't find" any spirits. 

           As he was being thanked for his exorcism, someone sneaked up behind chongyun, "Hey yun!" chongyun jumped, he was NOT expecting that. "Don't scare me like that xingqiu! i almost bumped into the person thanking me." xingqiu let out a little laugh and pulled yun's hand to signal that they should walk to school together. chongyun followed and they held hands on the way to school. it was pretty normal for them to hold hands, since they were just, friends..?

          xingqiu and chongyun are actually very different, a lot of people question how they even became friends. xingqiu is very sociable and popular, since he's the son of the manager from Feiyun Commerce Guild. hes super into books, his room is basically a library, he gets good grades and is very neat. Chongyun on the other side is way more relaxed. hes not very sociable but he still has plenty of friends! he likes to play soccer and his grades are....well.... not the best.

            As soon as they walked into the school, other kids went to talk with xingqiu, chongyun quickly let go of qiu's hand and sneaked off to the side to escape the crowd. chongyun is always overwhelmed by the amount of people who come up to xingqiu. yun walked further into the school until his friends noticed him, bennett came running up to him, "Hey chongyun! they're serving cold noodles in the cafeteria, its your favorite food isn't it? go get some before they run out!" yun hadn't run as fast as he just did since their last soccer game. Right when he got to the line, they gave out their last plate of cold noodles. chongyun felt like being dramatic, but i guess that was too much energy for him.

(xingqiu pov)

          xingqiu felt yun's hand leave. he quickly looked to the side to look for chongyun but he had already lost him... qiu loves having people to talk to at the start of the school day, but sometimes he wishes he could keep walking with chongyun until they part for their first classes. Before anymore thoughts flooded into qiu's mind, amber interrupted. "ughh, hey qiu.. i think the cold noodles i had for breakfast are making my stomach ache, i feel like im gonna faint!" she giggled. "oh, i hope you feel bette-" wait. "wait, did you say cold noodles?" "yea.??" amber said with a confused tone.   "ill catch you later amber! thanks for the info!!" qiu left in a hurry and left amber completely confused. "what..???" she grumbled to herself as she headed to the nurse's office.

             xingqiu made it just in time, there was plenty of plates left. he ordered 2 plates of cold noodles, qiu was thinking that yun and him could have lunch together and he could surprise him with his favorite dish.  As he walked to his first class, the bell about to ring, he saw chongyun with his group of friends.

(back to chongyun pov)

             chongyun's friend group is a complete mess.  while razor and chongyun were both on the floor copying bennett's homework answers, bennett stood there in a confident pose like an idiot. yun finished copying and let himself fall back to the floor, he was super worn out from running to and back from the cafeteria. just as he was about to close his eyes, the bell rung. the hall was full of grunts and doors closing and opening as people walked into their classrooms. As chongyun got up, he met eyes with xingqiu, who was basically across the hall. qiu quickly looked away and entered his classroom. chongyun was confused at why he would look away like that, but he brushed the thought off and followed after razor into their classroom.

              xingqiu and chongyun only had 2 classes together, P.E and their elective, art.

             after finishing his main 4 classes, it was finally time for lunch. as everyone left their classes for lunch, someone grabbed yun's arm and pulled him into a closet. he turned around to see who it was, and to his surprise, it was xingqiu. they waited until everyone left the halls and finally walked out of the tiny space. xingqiu had more of a serious expression before, so it made chongyun worry a little.  qiu finally spoke after some confusing silence, "sorry for pulling u in there without any warning!!" he said, laughing in the end. qiu averted his eyes to a room number, "do you wanna eat lunch together? i got you something you might like..?" chongyun froze for second. he started laughing out of relief, which made qiu embarrassed. "whats so funny!?" xingqiu said in a mad joking tone. "sorry, sorry" yun said, still giggling a little. "its just, you had such a serious expression in your face earlier, i thought u were gonna say something i didn't want to hear, haha" qiu let out a sigh and grabbed yuns hand, leading them to the outdoor tables.
           xingqiu put out the 2 plates of cold noodles  and offered one to chongyun. yun gasped in a dramatic way, "YOU GOT COLD NOODLES??" he screamed a little, xingqiu giggled while putting his index finger infront of his lips, to signal for yun to quiet down.  chongyun focused on xingqiu's lips for a second before literally slapping himself. xingqiu started dying of laughter, "whats with you today? you're so weird" he managed to say in between his laughs.

                the day had finally ended.
                           (9:30pm)
          chongyun had just finished his homework, for once. he went to get a bottle of water from the kitchen and set his alarm. it was pretty early but he was already tired so he went straight to bed.

            (morning, 6am, yun's alarm rings)

          yun woke up, snoozing his alarm before standing up, as he always does. today was friday, which means he could wear any clothes, instead of his uniform.  chongyun never really thought about his appearance that much, so his clothes are pretty, well, plain. he put on a black shirt, some light jeans, black converse, a necklace, and an ear cuff.

(xingqiu's pov)
           qiu woke up feeling pretty energetic. he stood up and walked to wake his sister, xiangling, up.  he hummed as he walked back to his room to get dressed. unlike chongyun, xingqiu was really into fashion and trends. he had chosen to wear a white cartoon shirt, khaki wide legged pants, white reeboks, a jacket, bucket hat, and accessories like rings, bracelets, and necklaces.

(back to chongyun pov)
            yun had decided to get some breakfast from a restaurant in liyue, instead of taking the school breakfast. On his way there, a lot of people from school had said hi to him. I guess walking with xingqiu did make him a little more popular. he even ran into xiangling!
             "Oh hey chongyun! my brothers in the bathroom but i need to head to school to help with the lunches, could you tell him that when he comes out? thanks!!! bye!" she ran off before chongyun could even say anything. "oh well" chongyun rested agaisnt a wall and pulled out a popsicle. xingqiu opened the bathroom door to see chongyun waiting. he quickly closed the door again and looked down at his black shoes.  that really caught him off guard.. he looked up to the mirror to see himself a light shade of red. wait. "why am i blushing?" qiu thought to himself, is it just because i got overwhelmed?? "ugh, i cant deal with this at the start of the day, ill think about it later" he whispered to himself as he opened the door again. he saw chongyun bite his popsicle and immediately let out a faint laugh. chongyun noticed and looked at him. yun always wore pretty basic outfits, but he looked good in them.  chongyun admired qiu's outfit for quite a while before being brought back to earth by xingqiu grabbing his hand and leading them out of the restaurant. chongyun looked down at their hands, and noticed that xingqiu's nails were painted. it looked really good.

            "oh!" qiu blurted out of nowhere and broke the silence, "did you research the test of courage i talked to you about?" "oh yeah!! i actually went and it was pretty fun!" yun said. "wait.. don't you need 2 people for that?" qiu asked. "yea, i went with the traveler!" chongyun said and smiled. Xingqiu stopped walking, which made chongyun almost trip. qiu turned to face chongyun and put his arms around him for a hug. if anything, it wasnt really just a hug, it was to hide whatever shade of red qius face probably was. xingqiu mumbled into yun's ear, "we were supposed to go together. what a bummer" chongyun was shocked to hear that. when qiu pulled away from the hug and apologized, he looked at yuns face, which was a bright shade of pink.  qiu grabbed his hand and they walked to school in silence. well, they werent talking but their minds surely weren't being silent.  qiu was trying to figure out why yuns face was blushing and yun was trying to figure out why qiu whispered that to him and why the hug.