Jeongyeon - The One That Got Away

Hanbyul's POV

Hanbyul's POV

It's been only a month we've been apart.. I see you smiling like nothing happen.. I heard from our friends, you're happy.. without me.. How can you be so good when I'm a mess..

I'm on my way to Bighit as I work as backup dancer. Practice till late night as usual. After work, I stop by to buy some soju.. It's a habit after you leave me, Jeong.. On my way home, I see you with some of your members.. You're drunk..

Is it hurt too? I walk pass you guys.. You recognize me.. maybe by my perfume that you loved. You hold my shirt and talk.. "Hanbyul-ah.. It's that you? It's you, right?" I still stay silent while your members apologize and brought you away.

Then, I continue walk home. Shower and wear my shorts. I get my soju and on the tv. I remember how we would cuddle everytime we watch tv or sleep.. Tears escape as I remember everything.. I walk to balcony and see the view..

Shit! Everything reminds me of you.. You loved to stargazing... I wish I could stuck on that time.. The time we're happy together..

All this happened because of JYP.. He know that you're in a relationship with someone from Bighit. He's informant told him everything.

I try to spend more time at Bighit, dance and dance till late night. Then, at 1 or 2 am I will go home. But, I forgot that also time that you and the members can go out easily without no one notices. So, I will bump to her few times a week.

Ah! This is so frustating. You're just there but I can't call you. AHH! This overthink always kill me inside. I feel asleep when I look at our videos.

2 months later

It's been a month that I've been busy with practices as the end year near. Also, a month we're not crossed to each other. I know you're busy too. I know this time will exhaust you the most, physically and mentally. I hope there's someone to be with you.

Just a few weeks before the events start, before we meet again.

At awards

I'm here at our preparation room waiting for our turn to go on stage. I see your group on stage on the tv. All my friends say you girls beautiful. They're not lie, it's true and you're the most beautiful for me.

After few groups, it's time for us to go on stage. We dances. I see your eyes looking at mine. It's hurt that we're so close yet so far. I want to reach you but I can't.

After the award's end, I stay a bit to help clean up. Maybe you'll come and see me, but no. Your managers and bodyguards told you to straight go home.

Everything's done then I go home too. My days past so fast that I dont realize it already a year we broke up.

One day, I'm on my off day when my mom call.

"Hey mom.. Sorry for not calling you often these days, I'm a bit busy. You and dad okay there? You want me to go back home? Hmm.. I'll think about it. I'll tell you when I'm ready. Bye love you mom."

I thought about my mom's words. I already decide and that's why I'm in Bang pdnim's office. 

The day after meeting Band pdnim, I pack my stuffs. Lucky me, I dont brought too many stuffs. I go to my home the next day.

6 months later

I move back to live with my parent since 6 months ago. I just open my own arcade game last month. I use my money that I got from working at Bighit, cafe and convenient store. 

I went home as usual around 11pm after cleaning and closing the arcade. The next day, I go to arcade a bit late.

I was having my breakfast when my parent approach me. 

"Hanbyul-ah.. We want to talk about that thing. The one that I said that day before you come home." Mom say. I just nod. "So, are you agree with this? Or you already have someone? We dont want to push you." Dad say. "Can I think about it again? I'm still not sure about this. I'll tell you soon" They just nod.

I walk to my arcade. I get in my office. I take out my phone. There's no message, no calls, nothing. 'She must be forget me already.' I open the social media, I see her smiling in all their videos and all. 

'I'll forget about you too.. I'll move on from you, us.. I hope my decision is right.' I open the call log and call my dad.

At the weekend, we going dinner at my future wife's house. I just wear a simple black pant and a black shirt. She's quite beautiful but Jeongyeon the most beautiful. 'Aishh! I should forget her already.'

Our parents discuss about the wedding. I go out from the house to get some fresh air.

Someone come. "Hey, may I join you?" Arin ask. Arin is the girl. "Sure" "Are you sure with this things?" "I'm okay with this. You?" I ask her. "Me too"

"Can I be honest?" I ask her. She look at me. "Sure." "I hope you dont expect much from me. I'm still hurt from the previous relationship. I still remember her." 

"It's alright. We may still have the love for our lovers before. But I'm ready for this. I'm ready for us." she kindly say. "I'll give a chance for this. The feelings maybe come late but I try my best."

We just smile at each other. 

The wedding's day

I already open my heart for Arin since that day. I may still remember her but now I got Arin. 

I wear my black suit. After get ready, I wait for Arin infront of the hall's door. (the door is close eh) She come not too long after that. I was stunned looking at her in the white dress.

"Hey.. Dont stare too much." she whisper. "Cant help it" I giggles. The door open. We slowly walk on the aisle.

2 years later

Today we're going to mall to shops some house stuffs and more. We're at baby clothes section looking for Jia's. Jia is our 18 months year old daughter. She's now sleeping in her stroller.

Then, we go to women's section for Arin's. I am holding Jia when Jeongyeon and Nayeon pass me.

Nayeon stop at me and play with Jia. Eventhough they wear mask, I still recognise that eyes. I look at Jeongyeon.

"What is your name cutie?" Nayeon ask. "Jia. Lee Jia. She's 1 year and half." I answer. "May I hold her?" "Yes sure." Nayeon hold Jia in her arms. "Look Jeong, she's cute right? Like me. " Nayeon happily say without knowing what's happening.

"Yes." she say while looking at Jia. Jia suddenly cry. "I'm sorry, she must be hungry, she just woke up. Jia want milk? " Nayeon give Jia to me.

"Is she your daughter?" Jeongyeon ask while I give Jia her milk. "Yah Jeong. Of course that his daughter" Nayeon laugh. "Yes she is." I heavily answer.

"Alright thanks for the moment. Bye Jia.. Till we meet again" Nayeon bow and drag Jeongyeon with her.

'I'm sorry Jeongie. I already wait for you, but you dont gives me any hint to stay.' 

I look at Jia. "Do know where you get your name from? It's from Jeongyeon. Appa use letter J. She's my first love. But now I got you and eomma." 'Yet I still melt seeing her pretty eyes. I'm sorry if we're still hurt. I hope in the next life, we're meeting again and be happy, so that we're stop blaming each other.'

Twice OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara