- 9

"Yuuji!" Y/n called out to the pinkette right after the bell rang indicating that classes were over.

She told her best friend to go on ahead and wait for her by the gate before they walk home together.

Her best friend nodded in understanding before she left, eyeing Yuuji and the h/c-nette with curiosity.

Those two have indeed become as close as Y/n and her's relationship even though the pinkette wasn't involved in their little group of friends. He was a weird kid, indulging himself in all that paranormal stuff but also, hands down, very athletic.

She thought that the reason why him and Y/n were close is because of their similar pasts. At this point however, she was getting the feeling that that wasn't the case.

Y/n on the other hand waited for Yuuji to be completely alone. A few of his friends stayed back making small talk with the pinkette. Thankfully, when his friends left, they were the only people that got left behind in the classroom before she called him.

"Oh Y/n!" he flashed her a toothy grin. "What's up?"

Y/n slowly walked over his lean figure, not knowing how to approach the conversation.

"Uhm- I..."

Seeing the h/c-nette flustered, Yuuji couldn't help but have his thoughts drift away towards her flustered figure. The way she looked away shyly and her cheeks all sorts of red had the pinkette's knees go weak. If he was given the option of worshiping her like the goddess she is, he would.

It took everything in him not to push the h/c-nette towards him, embracing her with his warm hug. After all, he didn't want Y/n to be uncomfortable around him. He respects her a great deal and would only do things with the h/c-nette's consent.

Y/n finally mustered up the courage to speak.

"I'm sorry." she started. "I just went through a lot this month and I feel horrible for not updating anybody with my situation. I'm so selfi-"

Yuuji cut her off, he couldn't take it anymore.

Y/n felt gentle and incredibly warm hands push her gently towards a chest. Yuuji's chest.

"I'm just really happy you're alive and well Y/n. As long you're breathing, that's all that ever matters to me."

The pinkette breathed in her vanilla-pinewoods scent, savoring the moment. He swore to himself this is the first and certainly the last time he'll ever touch her without consent. The next time he will only ever touch her is when she asks him to do so.

Y/n felt comfortable in the pinkette's embrace. To make things simpler, if Y/n was Gojo's sense of normalcy, then Yuuji was Y/n's normalcy.

She never felt uncomfortable around him.

The pinkette's embrace made her forget everything that's happened to her until now, just for a brief moment.

That brief moment was the fresh air she so desperately needed to breathe in. She wished to remain ignorant about the ugliness of this world, but she knew she couldn't the moment she met Gojo.

A few minutes passed as they stayed the way they were.

She pushed herself lightly, both hands on his chest.

"I'll...I'll text you later. Okay?" was all she could say.

"I'll wait for it then."

The h/c-nette reached the exit of the school building in no time. As she was making her way down the stairs towards the front gate, she could see her irritated best friend, tapping her foot impatiently on the ground.