6

Lin Mo, with Mama Lin's consent, moved the pot out, poured in a little pickled plum, and then washed the pot several times before soaking it in water. Lin Mo put yesterday's grapes into a basin and washed them, then took out the water and drained the surface with a bamboo sieve.

"Fourth Brother, what are you going to do? Pickling grapes?" Lin Xing asked as he ate the pickled plums from the pot.

Lin Chen helped his nephew and niece as he handed them a grape for them to eat. He was also confused. Pickled grapes? There was so much juice in grapes, and it seemed that there would not be much flesh left after pickling them. Could they still be eaten?

"Making wine."

After all the preparations were finished, Lin Mo waited for the grapes to drain. Lin Mo looked down at his niece, who was licking the grape juice off her hand and took out the half-ripe peaches in the basket.

"Do we have sugar at home?" Lin Mo asked.

At present, the condition was too poor. Lin Mo was completely in a state of 'no martial arts can be exerted when he is free,' so he could only do some simple things.

"Yes, I'll get it." Lin Xing licked the juice off his finger and walked into the kitchen.

"A-Chen, go wash the pot and boil some water."

"Oh." Lin Chen scratched his head. He didn't know what to ask, so he stopped.

Lin Mo rinsed the peach's surface with saltwater, then cut them into small pieces and put them on a plate.

"Fourth Uncle, want to eat." Lin Xiaoya grabbed Lin Mo's pants with both hands and stood on tiptoe to look up at the fruit on the table. Lin Xiaonan, standing next to his sister, though he didn't say anything, looked up at Lin Mo expectantly, his big eyes blinking.

Lin Mo put a small piece of peach in each of their mouths and told them. "Sit on the stool and wait. I'll make delicious food for you."

"Oh," Lin Xiaoya's mouth was stuffed with a piece of peach. Her mouth was bulging, so she could only nod her head and reply vaguely.

Lin Mo looked at them sitting on the stools, carried the basin, and went into the kitchen. Lin Xiaoya chewed the pulp in her mouth with her mouth bulging. After eating, she hummed at the sweetness of the peach.

"Brother, I still want to eat." Lin Xiaoya sat on the bench with her hands on her knees and looked at her brother.

Sitting next to her, Lin Xiaonan thought and then shook his little head and said, "No, you can't. We have to wait for Fourth Uncle."

"... All right." Lin Xiaoya puckered her mouth, rested her chin on the back of her hand on her knee, her eyes fixed on the other side of the kitchen.

Once the water was boiling, Lin Mo put the peach pieces and white sugar in, and stirred until the peaches were soft, and then took them off of the fire. Lin Mo went out of the kitchen with the peach syrup. Lin Chen cleaned the pot, washed several bowls and wooden spoons, and quickly stepped back into the kitchen.

"They'll be served cold." Lin Mo set it aside.

The grapes in the pot had drained completely. Lin Mo cut them one by one and put them in the pot on the stove. Two layers of grapes and one layer of sugar were put in. After a little space was left, water was added until it hit the mouth of the pot, and then was covered with the lid.

Lin Mo moved the pot to the shade of the kitchen, went to the table and sat down to eat the rest of the grapes while the peach syrup cooled, the four children were eating around the table.