8-10

8

After finishing their meal and cleaning up the dishes, the Lin family sat down, except for Lin Cheng, who slept after drinking the medicine. The two children were still eating fruit, their eyes watching the adults in turn.

“There are bamboo baskets for fruit, but there are no large ceramic pots at home. Carts can be borrowed from others.”

Lin Mo thought about it and asked, “Is there a carpenter in the village? We can customize the barrel if we have one.”

In fact, if he wanted to make good wine, it was better to use oak barrels as containers. Tannins and other ingredients in oak barrels could improve the quality of wine and help with aging. If he wanted to make the wine mature, the oak barrels were indispensable.

But if he wanted to make a wine tasting only of grapes, he would use containers such as ceramics and glass, but Lin Mo wanted to make a mature wine quickly.

Through the conversation just now, Lin Mo found that the people here hadn’t tried to make wine with fruit. Even if they had, it hadn’t appeared in the market. It should only be made by those rich people who were idle and bored.

Fruit wine was very easy to make. Once Lin Mo sold the first batch to make money, someone would definitely follow the trend to make money. Almost every family in Daling Village had fruit trees, and when they saw that the Lin family was making money with the fruit, they would certainly follow suit.

So as long as the flavor of the Lin family’s fruit wine was different from that of the others, then the others would remember it, and they could promote it to make a brand.

Besides, Lin Mo wanted to make wine, not only because he was good at it, but also because the grapes were only grown on the cliff wall of their fruit orchard. It was estimated that Lin Mo was the only one in Daling Village who could do so.

Lin Xing, who sat listening to them, said, “Uncle Zhang is a carpenter in our village. We can go to him.”

Lin Mo nodded and then began to talk with them about the arrangements after that. When everything was in order, they began to act.

Mama Lin and Lin Xing went to borrow two carts from people in the village. Actually, Lin Mo wanted to borrow a cow to pull the cart, so it would not be so hard, but, in ancient times, farmers seemed to think that cattle were more important than life. It was almost impossible to borrow cattle to pull a cart.

Father Lin went to carpenter Zhang to request two big barrels. Lin Mo also roughly told Father Lin about the specific structure of the barrels. Lin Mo planned to go to pick all the grapes tomorrow morning, and then, while he started to brew them, the others would continue to pick other fruits in the fruit orchard.

Although Lin Mo didn’t want to rush like this, most of the fruits in the orchard were fully ripe. If he didn’t pick them quickly, they would surely fall off in a few days.

In addition to making grape wine, Lin Mo intended to make other fruit wines or other fruit products, such as dried fruit, canned fruit, or other fruit sweets. After all, some fruits in the fruit orchard were not suitable for making wine, but Lin Mo felt that it was a pity for them to rot in the fruit orchard if he didn’t pick them.

They ordered two big barrels, two medium ones, and twenty small ones for the time being. There were more than ten kinds of fruit in the orchard owned by the Lin family. If they were all turned into wine, it might not be enough. The good thing was that they would only use a part of it. Lin Mo wanted the big barrel by noon tomorrow since the others could be delayed a little later. After all, tomorrow, he needed to deal with the grapes he picked.