61-65

Chapter 61: It’s Painful

After returning to the palace, it was very late. Cheng Yan took Lin Mo back to their room, and it was not long before someone came in with hot water.

Helping Lin Mo clean his face, as he finished and was about to get up and wash his own face, Cheng Yan felt a tug on his clothes and looked down.

“Cheng Yan…” Lin Mo, with his eyes closed tightly, felt the familiar aura move farther away from him, and subconsciously reached for him.

Cheng Yan handed the wet towel to the waiting maid and ordered, “Turn off the light when you go out.”

“Yes.” The maid took it, whispered respectfully, and then withdrew with the rest.

Cheng Yan took off his coat and lay next to him. Lin Mo felt him, turned over and snuggled into his arms. The last maid to leave saw this, carefully put down the bed curtain, and then put out all the lights before leaving. That night, Lin Mo couldn’t sleep well. He had a lot of dreams, the scenes changed quickly, and Lin Mo just felt very tired.

Cheng Yan watched him the entire night and didn’t sleep. Every time Lin Mo awakened, he would coax him back to sleep. It wasn’t until dawn that Cheng Yan saw that Momo was finally sleeping, and then he went to sleep with him. When Lin Mo woke up, his consciousness was still a little confused, but he still knew who the warm small stove beside him was, and unconsciously rubbed his head against his chest.

Lin Mo’s small action made Cheng Yan, who was sleeping, think that he was frightened by a nightmare again. Before he woke up completely, the palm behind Lin Mo pat him regularly to coax him. This series of subconscious reactions were because Cheng Yan didn’t sleep all night.

Lin Mo opened his eyes and looked up at Cheng Yan. He still had his eyes closed, but Lin Mo was patted regularly by the hand behind him.

Lin Mo blinked and stilled his original movement. It was not long after that the hand behind him stopped moving. When Cheng Yan woke up, he looked down to see if Momo was awake, but he didn’t think he would be looking at him with his eyes open. As soon as he saw the clarity in Lin Mo’s eyes, Cheng Yan knew that he must have been awake for a long time.

“Why didn’t you call me when you woke up?” Cheng Yan put his hand on Lin Mo’s head and rubbed it gently, his voice was low.

“Didn’t remember…” Lin Mo muttered in a low voice.

“Do your eyes still hurt?” Cheng Yan said softly. He didn’t want to leave the bed, and he had nothing to do anyway.

Lin Mo was silent for a while, then decided to be honest, “… A little bit.”

“I’ll ask the doctor how to help.” Cheng Yan touched the corner of his eyes and saw that Lin Mo’s eyes were still red and swollen, and he felt distressed.

Yesterday, the swelling was even worse. He hoped Momo wouldn’t cry again. Cheng Yan couldn’t stand his sad look. However, Cheng Yan didn’t ask what happened yesterday. He knew that Lin Mo didn’t want to mention it.

“It’s only a few days before the examination. You should go out with your Second Brother to take in some fresh air and relax.” Cheng Yan murmured. Cheng Yan knew that Lin Mo valued his family and wanted to help his Second Brotherrelax. Lin Mo agreed.

Lin Mo raised his head and asked, “Oh, will you come along with me?”

“Momo, of course I’ll go with you.” Cheng Yan kissed him on the forehead and smiled. “It’s spring now. We can fly kites. What shape does Momo want?”