Chapter 25 - his explanation

He placed his hand on my shoulder which made me a little uncomfortable.

"yes?" i tried to sound polite.

The team noticed how uncomfortable i was and as captain was about to say something the hand of the random guy was slapped away from my shoulder

I looked up and saw Suna...

My face turned bright red. I didn't dare to make any eye contact with the team, i know they will give me teasing looks.

Suna looked at the guy dead in the eyes.

"wo-hoah jeez bro over protective-- is she your girlfriend???" he sounds like he's joking and trying to provoke Suna. For some reason, Suna looks mad but his state is calm.

I want to calm him down, and tell him its not that big of a deal-- well... It is uncomfy but no need for quarrels, it won't resolve this.

"Sun-" i got cut off

"exactly." he replied shortly, i looked at the team and their eyes widen. Hinata chocked on his water and kageyama drowned drinking an energy drink lol

"oh sorry" he sounded embarrassed and left immediately. Suna scoffed,

Suna turned his head to face me and i excused us from the team. They gave me shookt looks but they nodded

"are you okay? Did he made you uncomfortable?" i nodded

"its okay" i muttered,

"as i said, i'll explain everything... I'm not expecting you to forgive me in an instant but__" he held my hands "__i'll wait."

"you see, the footage you saw... It was true." i looked down on my feet. He lifted my chin and looked at me "but hey, feelings change right? you captured my heart. You're living on my mind rent free. The thought of you gone just-- it makes me crazy. I don't expect your forgiveness but i'll work for it. I can go for an endless wait-- i won't even care. As long as there's a possibility that you will be back with me..." he said in a soft tone.

There is a tear followed by another streaming down his cheeks, i cupped his face and wiped his tears away.

What he said made my heart flutter. I hugged him tight and patted his back.

He is right tho... Feelings change. I should've tried to hear his side. But now we settled things out i'm contented.

"you will wait?" i asked once again, he nodded. I took a deep breath. " you promise?"

"ofcourse..." he replied.

"for now we can stay friends untill we cool off a little okay?" i asked,

"fair enough" he smiled at me.

"thankyou..." i hugged him once again.

He handed me something, looks like a box.

"what's--" it was yogurt. I smiled,

"you said you love those..." he stated,

"i do." i took the straw and placed it in, he was watching me as i took a sip like a little kid.

I tried to offer him some and he took a sip from the straw that i was using, my cheeks turned bright pink. He just gave me a grin,

"Do you maybe have some free time in your hands?" He asked nervously, "why do i sound like awkward kid?" I heard him mutter, i chuckled.

"Mhm, why?" I replied,

"Would you like to go out for a stroll?" He asked,

"Sure"

As we were heading towards the park, he looked flushed.

My brows furrowed and i tapped his shoulder, he immediately stopped zoning out

"Are you okay?" I asked,

"I just realized that what i said earlier was a bit cringe and cliche, what if that was a turn off?." He face-palmed, i laughed.

"Its alright, I thought it was cute." I assured,

"Thankgod" he sighed and looked relieved. He reached for my hand and held it tight.