Chapter: 1

Chapter: 1

"Well it's not my fault you're late." Adam says following behind me. I roll my eyes. "Funny. I recall a certain someone wanting to stop for a coffee at Mcdonald's. It's because of you we are late." I scoff.

"Whatever, the world isn't going to collapse if your late for school," I could feel him rolling his eyes. "Anyways, let's go to the mall after school. I have to get some shirts for a dinner party." He informs.

"A dinner party? Wow, and who told you I was available?" I sarcastically retort, cocking a brow.

"Wow, and since when do you have plans?" He bites back.

"For your information I have to tutor someone." I say.

"Nerd."

"Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow." I wave as I begin to go up the flight of stairs. "Hold up," He grabs my wrist forcing me to turn around. "What time are you going to be done?" He asks, is face a few centimeters away.

"Get off of me, your breath stinks." I scrunch you my nose and watch as he barks out a laugh at my comment.

"You're one to talk. You're breath smells like eggs and ass." He snickers.

"Whatever. I'll have a mint." I get a mint out of my uniform pocket.

"Around 4. I'll be in Mr. Houston's class." I inform him.

"Alright. I'll see you then."

"Huh? Don't you have to go to your little party thingy?" I ask.

"Not anymore. Let's go out to eat." He says.

"Won't you get in trouble?" I cock a brow. I then dig in my pocket handing him a mint.

"Thanks," He pops it in his mouth. "Nah. I'll come by when your done." He says, he gives me a smile before turning around.

"Okay. See ya." I call as he disappears around the corner.

I finally make it to class. Trying to build up the courage to walk through the door. I knock on the door. No answer.

So, I knock again.

No answer.

I twist the door handle to my surprise it's unlocked. As soon as I open the door the scent of cigarettes comes flooding towards my
nostrils.

"What the hell." I utter. I scan the room, there was no one.

"What are you doing?" A deep voice says. I gasp as I see a figure emerging from the smoke, and soon flicking on the lights.

A guy with long black hair, blue eyes, and a seemingly school uniform cocked a brow at me.

"Uh, going to class?" I question.

"It's half day, kid."

Kid?

"Huh. Well, thanks I guess."

"Are you gonna snitch or something?"

"What? No," I look at my watch. "...Actually, could I just stay with you for a little while?" I say looking back up at him.

"I don't care, just don't talk to me."

I nod my head, to which he turns around and walks into the clouds of smoke.

"Shut the door."

I do as told and go to one of the empty desks. He sits on the teachers desk and takes a drag out of his cigarette.

"What?" He snaps.

"Nothing." I turn around, but my eyes slowly making their way back to him.

"You wanna take a hit or something?" He questions.

"No thanks." I decline.

"I think that's it huh? You want to take a hit. Lil kid thinks she's grown," He hops off the teachers desk and stalks over to me. "Take it." He puts the cigarette in my face.

"No thanks. I have a mint in my mouth" I stick out my tongue quickly showing him the mint.

"I'll take your generosity in consideration though." I wink.

"You're funny." He leans in closer, his eyes looking over my lips briefly.

"This is like every bad teacher-student porn." I snort. He cracks a smirk causing me to grin.

"What's your name?" I say as he backs away from me.

"Xander."

"I'm Grace."

"Hmm." He stands looking at me. He then drops the cigarette squishing it with the back of his heel.

"Well then Grace, I guess I'll see you around." He waves as he heads out the door.

He shuts the door and I'm all alone. I hear a ring go off in my pocket. I have two messages.

Adam:
Today's a half day, come downstairs and buy me lunch.

And there was another message from an unknown number.

Unknown:
I'll see you at 2 for tutoring.

~

ADAM