Realizations and Decisions

(Hello again everybody! Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm just gonna get straight into it.)

Once they got back to the house, Issei set Koneko down on the couch. "Okay, just so I can assess just how bad you're hurting, mind showing me your back? I'm gonna make sure it's nothing too bad."

Koneko nodded before turning around and blushing a bit before pulling down her top. Issei was naturally aroused at first until he saw what had happened to her back. "Holy crap, that does not look pleasant."

Koneko became somewhat worried. "How bad is it?"

Issei takes a deep breath. "Well, it looks like a combination between a torn open area and the wounds caused by Destruction magic. Wait, let me check something!"

Issei said this before using his Senjutsu to feel her aura, sending her calmness and warmth. Then, he found it. A hole.

"That evil, annoying, self-centered, little bitch!!!"

Koneko became worried. "W-what happened?"

Issei growled a bit. "She removed the evil pieces and, if I had to guess, also removed your wings with her Power of Destruction. If it weren't for the fact that there would probably be a war between the devils and the Shinto pantheon if I did so, I'd be killing her. As it stands, I intend to try and meet up with her parents and speak about this. It's against Gremory law to do such things to their peerage members."

Koneko's eyes widened a bit at that statement. "Wait, so she broke her own family's laws just because we pulled a little prank on her? That's so stupid."

Issei chuckled. "Well, she was stupid enough to try and hurt me."

Koneko chuckled a bit, remembering the bit of strength he had shown in his killing of the fallen. "Yeah, you are pretty powerful."

Issei looked Koneko in the eyes and took a quick breath. "Okay, I may have a way to heal your soul, but it would require that you embrace the side you've been neglecting for quite a while. This will heal your soul, but you'll have the usual life span of a yokai, so pretty long. Longer than a devil's if you become strong enough. So, do you wanna take a leap of faith?"

Koneko seemed a bit scared to accept the offer. Could she really use the power that they told her drove her sister mad? Could she really bring herself to take that leap? Then, she thought about it for a moment. She'd always looked up to her sister, always wanted to be like her. "Can you help me get stronger?"

Issei grinned. "I can make it to where high class devils look weak next to you."

Koneko took a deep, steadying breath before she looked up at him as he held out a hand to her. "I'll take your offer."

She said this as she grabbed his hand and pulled herself up and towards him, letting her cat features show. "So, when do we start? Nya~"

Issei blushed a bit, finding the little vocal tick and her general existence adorable. "W-well, if you still know how to convert other energies into your own, it'll make this a lot easier to start out with. Since I have a naturally powerful life force, I'll be using it to fill in the gaps in your own life force left by your former piece. It'll be far easier if you can help me convert it. Now, doing this will make you a bit stronger, but it will also make it to where it'll take a lot more power to use any reincarnation objects on you. Healing, sure, but not something like an evil piece. Honestly, the evil pieces more specifically due to the damage they already did to your existence," Issei caught himself. "Sorry, sometimes I ramble when I'm nervous."

Koneko giggled a little bit. "It's okay. I've seen people with worse habits. Also, yes, I remember how to do that," she then processed what he just said. "Wait, so you mean it's possible I could never be reincarnated like that again?"