North Cedar Academy

I couldn't wait to visit my new boarding school for the first time. It has been my dream to be accepted into this school since I was a little girl. I had worked extra hard in my first two years of high school so I could get into this prestigious academy. Now that I got in, I was going to finish my junior and senior year smoothly. I still had to work hard though, just not as much.

I was almost finished packing my clothes (they had uniforms there but I still needed clothes for the weekends) when my dad called me from downstairs. "Are you ready yet hun?"

"Almost!" I yelled back.

I glanced over at my dresser and saw an old bracelet, that I should've burned a long time ago, collecting dust.

He always has to have some way to stay in my life.

I was so tired of him clogging up my mind and thinking about him every. Single. Day. Good thing I didn't have to any longer because we didn't go to the same school anymore. I smiled at that thought. He was nothing but a distraction. I was glad to get a fresh start but was also sad I couldn't see my friends because they also went to a different school now. It's alright though because we all promised each other that we would keep in touch. I ended up grabbing the bracelet and shoving it deep into my bag. I didn't know why but, I felt like I would need it for some odd reason.

After my dad called me from downstairs again, I closed my suitcase and wheeled it downstairs and into the car.

I said my goodbyes to my mom and got in the car. Before I knew it I was at North Cedar Academy and it was magical. It was everything I saw online but better. It was an old building but just old enough that it looked elegant and not creepy. As I stepped out of the car I breathed in the fresh air and listened to the sound of nature. I could get used to this.

I hugged my dad for a while then I grabbed my suitcase out of the car and started to travel inside.

When I reached the front door a man stopped me. He was an old man with a gray beard but he was wearing a blazer with the school's logo on it. "Hello Lillyan, I'm Mr. Watson, the headmaster here at North Cedar Academy. I will be giving you your tour this morning!" He said.

I smiled, "Okay, cool!"

And the doors opened.