Tardy

Zaya:

Reaching home, I dropped myself on the bed and closed my eyes. I could only think about that man; the man that captivated my mind and heart. What if we had met in different circumstances? What if he wasn't dangerous, as David told me ? Was he really the dangerous man as David told me, or David is lying to me? But why would he hoodwink me, there was no such reason to be? Was there a chance for me to have something with him? To the least a date? I am that kind of woman who wouldn't have a decent life. People look at us with a set of eyes. We aren't normal! The ringing of the phone discarded me out of my wool-gathering. Without looking at my phone, I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Zaya, let us have a movie night." A smile formed on my lips when I heard that fruity voice, Maanu.

"Can't say." I, Sharla, and Maanu have a Netflix show each alternative night. But I never got to select the movie. They got me keen on fantasy movies or shows.

"Why?" I heard the evident disappointment in her voice. "I don't have any attending today, not even Sharla has any. How come you got one? We are mostly together."

"Yes, I know. It is not a party, but simply have to go somewhere David told me to. I guess it won't take much time. So how about I will text you if I get out early?"

"Um well, but text me okay?"

"Yes, I will. Bye."

Unhappy that I couldn't spend time with girls. Shopping had always been their favourite thing to do other than having movie nights. Basically, they look around the store and I would sit somewhere in the corner and would get a show, them trying out new clothes. I had been more of a hearty eater, trying out new places to eat at. Sharla and Maanu never ate much, they always had salads and that was it for them. I always ordered a full-course meal, of course the whole thing to myself. But that would cause the waitresses to give me a weird stare. I remembered the day, a waitress asked me if I would be able to finish the whole thing and didn't want it to go waste. After that I made her to watch me finishing the whole. However, I always had a hearty laugh thanks with girls. To sum up, they were my stress buster. The movie nights, best for them, swooning over the male protagonist, getting envious of the female protagonist, profess to detest over the villain. Well, I was always the opposite. I was much in favour of the villain or the second lead. It just makes them more human.

I decided to wear a pink satin body-con dress, with a spaghetti straps and backless. It reached below the knees. But then my eyes landed on a red dress, hanging in the closet. I was confused between the two. Part of me wanted to impress him, and part of me wanted to do what David told me to do. I wanted him to want me more. I don't think I stand a chance with that Greek god. Why David, why? I cursed my life and David. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I set the alarm and shut my eyes, off to dreamland.

No matter how awful your alarm is when it wakes you up, nothing can compare to how awful it is when it doesn't. I hastily climbed down of the bed, realizing it's 6 o'clock, and I just had 1 hour to get ready. However, I decided to devour something first, knowing that I won't get to eat anything over there. Or I could wait after that in the restaurant and order something, but I don't think I would get that chance. I have to run as soon as I refuse his whatever deal is.

I wore the pink satin dress; I didn't think it revealed much of my skin. As for the hairstyle, I let it down. I presumed it was time to finally colour my hair from black to chestnut brown hair as I always wanted to do that for a long time. Pairing it will the same white heels that I wore for the day. For the fragrance, I decided to go with something sensual. I DON'T KNOW WHY!

I finally arrived at the place where I was supposed to meet grey eyes man. It took me 15 minutes to reach, and I was 10 minutes early. Was I that desperate to say no? Hah! What should I do, wait in the cab or go inside? I thought of possible ways to show that I didn't care. I mean, it was weird to wait outside, so I decided to go in and wait there. The guard greeted me, and I headed to the front desk. The restaurant was what I saw in magazines and newspapers, rich and selling out your kidney to buy a simple dish for three people. Exaggeration at its best. KOIROV.