As you say, ma'am!

Zaya:

The car dropped me home. Slouching on the couch, I closed my eyes, trying not to recall anything that happened a few hours ago. Just stressing about it more, made the pounding in my head worse.

I heard my phone ringing and David's name flashed on the screen. I was torn between answering the call or not answering the call. If I answer the call, he will bombard me with thousands of questions and I know if I do not, he will be fretted. I decided to text him instead of talking over the call. It would be better to tell him everything in person. I texted David and put my phone on flight mode.

I had always been dependent on him. Sure, girls were there for me, but they have their own share of problems to face. Rejecting the deal would cost me their lives that I don't want. Losing someone close to you can be traumatic for anyone. I don't want to experience that feeling again.

I had to think of getting out of this situation. I can't have sex with any man. After everything, I witnessed about him, he thinks I will sleep with him? Huh, no way! I folded my legs on the couch; closed my eyes, letting out a profound sigh.

I heeded the low chirping voices of birds; it woke me up by chirping its brief, sweet tweets.

My body was sore by sleeping on the couch. Heading to the balcony, fresh windy cool, and crispy air started whistling. I could hear the birds chirping. They gave me a sense of calm, a sense of peace that was hidden within me. Closing my eyes, enjoying the melodious sound. In a moment I realized I was like this bird; free, tiny, and more importantly weak. I won't be free anymore. Being controlled bothered me a lot. I was stuck because of my mother; I couldn't run away.  I wish I could blame her and abandon her because I craved to do so. She was never there for me. It was me all alone at every stage of my life. I felt frustrated with myself, and worst of all scared. I recalled how I went on the terrace of the school building and wanted to end my life. A mere thought of mother crossed my mind and took a step back. There would be no difference between her and me. I never wished to harbor unpleasant thoughts about her, but sometimes when I needed her the most; I realized she won't be there for me.

I headed inside. Turning off the flight mode on my phone, and it right away started ringing, Maanu. I let out a sigh and swiped right to answer the call.

"Why was your phone off?" Before I could say anything she asked, and I could tell from her voice she was pissed off. Of course, how can she not? She must have tried calling me late last night when I turned my phone off.

"The battery died." I lied.

"I know that's not true, but I understand. See, David told us everything. So..." Wait, David told them? And what exactly?

"He told you? What? How? When?" I got anxious. If they only knew that how their life was at risk if I say no.

"Calm down. Calm down, girl. Sharla and I are going to be at David's office by 12. So get your ass there. Okay?"

"Okay..."

"And I am making pancakes for you. I know you love pancakes with Nutella." I was so sure she was doing her little wiggle.

"Oh, thank you! I will see you at 12." I absolutely love this girl.

I got ready and headed to David's office. Upon entering the office, the receptionist smiled at me.

"Sir is in his office." I mouthed her thank you and kept walking to the elevator. Reaching the topmost floor where his office is and there I see his secretary who just smirked at me and walks to the adjacent room of David's. I will never know why he hates me. I opened the door and sight him talking on the phone. He signaled me to sit. As usual, these girls weren't on time, and I was already hungry.