Chapter 10: The Last Goodbye

Alina's Pov

I looked back to see the monster if it was chasing us and it was just there frozen in it's spot. A chance. It's a chance for us to run away, is what I'd like to hope for, but it's just wishful thinking when I felt something dangerous coming from the back again. My instinct was telling me to turn back and fight the monster but I don't have the courage and confidence to do that. It would just be suicide if I go there right now.

The problem is, if no one will stop that thing while we escape then we're all going to die. It's a fact that it is fast and quick on it's feet, although it's still not moving right now but it can still catch up to us with just a few steps.

GAAAHHH!

My head is hurting again.

Why now?

There's no time to waste.

Napahinto ako sa pagtakbo at ganun rin sila. Nakahinto parin naman ang mutant, para bang hinihintay na makalayo-layo kami bago pa ito hahabol at lapain kami lahat, tsk. Good way to enjoy a meal. Ang mga changers naman ay nasa likod lang nito, naghihintay ng utos.

This is why mutants are really hard to kill, because they have control over the small ones and they use it as soldier if ever they are in the tight spot. Clever bastards, even though they don't have humanity in them they still have their natural and predatory instincts.

Without a second thought I handed Faith who was now unconscious to Lucas and kissed it's forehead before tightly clutching the handle of my machette.

"You guys get out of here, I'll buy you some time." sabi ko sa kanila na ikinabigla ni Ethan.

"What? V anong pinagsasabi mo. You'll get killed if you stay here. Let's just run, it's still not moving. Kaya pa natin maka-" Ethan couldn't finish what he say when I grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"WE CAN'T OUTRUN IT ETHAN.! KAHIT MAN GAANO PA KALAYO ANG MARATING NATIN SUSUNOD AT SUSUNOD PARIN TO. AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF IT CATCH UP TO US? WE'RE ALL DEAD BY THAT TIME. S-so just listen to me this time too and go." patuloy na pahina ng pahina ang boses ko ng sabihin ko na yung huli. It's really hard, honestly I'm not even confident if I can get out of this alive.

The heck, looks like I really can't run away from my destiny. Ito yung nakatadhana noon at hanggang ngayon. Mukhang hindi na yun magbabago pa. 

"Then, let me do it, I'll stay and buy you guys some time." napatulala naman ako ng sabihin nya yun.

"NO! You can't, you won't even last a second." 

"But I need to atleast try. It's my job to protect you guys," 

Bat ba pa pagdating sa ganitong bagay ang tigas ng ulo ng lalaking to. Idiot it's supposed to be my job. 

"You'll die trying, then that would all be in vain if all of us won't survive this."

"All of us V, that includes you. I promised tito to always protect you, so let me help this time." 

Napapaiyak nako dahil sa pagiging makulit na tao nitong nasa harap ko. Kung gusto nya talaga na sya ang maiwan para makatakas kami then that would be fine with me, if I know na madali lang ang makakalaban nya. But he won't stand a chance against a mutant. If he faced it right now it would be instant kill. 

Napasandal ko nalang ang ulo ko sa dibdib nya and the blood which I have in my forehead stained his shirt. 

"I'm sorry Ethan, take care of them for me and please live." pabulong na sabi ko sa kanya.