Chapter XI: Briar.

The sun poured through the large library windows as I stared at all of my schoolbooks spread out across the table. Well, they aren't related to school. My father requires that we read these long and grueling books. They count as school in my father's eyes.
I used to just fake reading them but now I can't.

My dress was itching so I briefly considered changing it. But I decided that the trip all the way back to my room just to switch want necessary.

 But I decided that the trip all the way back to my room just to switch want necessary

The dog was running rampant throughout the library. Here's something you should know about me, I am scared to the bone, of dogs. When they're calm, I'm fine with them. But a dog even remotely chasing me scares the bejesus out of me. The dog is a St. Bernard and it's huge.

Nick bursted through the door holding an empty plastic cylinder. Lyra chased after him clearly soaking with water.
"I'm gonna skin you alive." Lyra yelled as she chased him.

Nick climbed up on the table throwing my books onto my lap.

"NICHOLAS!" I yelled.

"Sorry sis."

Lyra was now standing on the table and Nick had jumped on the floor.

I got up on the table just as Lyra jumped onto Nick's back. The dog followed me onto the table and out of fear I grabbed Lyra's ankles pulling her backward. The dog bit the skirt of my dress and I screamed

"Briar what are you doing!?" Nick yelled.

Lyra groaned loudly as she was getting involuntarily yanked back and forth.

Nick started running forward and yanked me off the table in process. I fell on the floor and got dragged about the floor. I couldn't let go because the I was utterly terrified of the dog.

Meanwhile, this is a third person narration.

"Prince Louis of France, and Prince William of France." The announcer said loudly as the two Princes walked into the room.

The Queen Rose (Briar's mother) stood up and greeted the Princes.

"I'm here to formally invite you, on my parents behalf to a ball my parents are throwing" Prince William said as him and prince Louis both sat at the table and were given cups of tea.

"We would love to attend." The queen said enthusiastically

"Where is everyone?" Prince William asked.

"They're in the library, studying. Would you boys like to speak with them.

"That would be ideal." Prince Louis stated.

"Raquel? Please lead these boys to the library."

They walked through the halls for around 3 minutes before they arrived at the doors of the library.

Raquel began to open the doors.
"I think you'll find that our Library is state of the art-" before she could finish her thought, she was met face to face with Nicholas yelling "LYRA I'M SORRY! PLEASE RELEASE ME!" As he ran across the library with Lyra's top half latched onto Nick's neck.
Her legs however were being yanked backwards by Briar. Briar's arms were gripped tightly to Lyra's ankles as she slid across the floor. A huge dog dragged behind them attached to Briar's dress.