06

As we made our way onto the central part of the little village, we couldn't help but notice the folks heading into an old church-like building with some sort of sign itched on its wooden doors.

Leon took a look around, "Where's everyone going? Bingo?" No one to be seen.

"Haha, really funny." I sarcastically snickered before taking out the radio. "Hunnigan, we've got some bad news. The body of the officer has been found dead."

"Something happened to the people here," Leon spoke up. "Nothing can explain it."

I hummed in agreement, "You got a path for us?" I directed the question at Hunnigan.

"Look for a tower. There's a trail you can follow near it," She said.

"Got it. Thanks, Hunnigan." I shoved the radio back into my pocket once we were over.

I looked over in Leon's direction and shrugged, "I guess we gotta push through."

—-------

As we made our way through the village, we stocked up on whatever material we could come across. It was surprising to say that we even found anything doing our way. The villagers didn't make our job easier either as they pushed a gigantic rock down a slope we were going down on. Much to say I didn't like running away from that boulder.

As we made our way into a rundown home, we were making sure to look for any supplies. Luckily, we found some ammo and (surprisingly enough) some green herbs. I doubted a place like this would even harbor some of this stuff.

I noticed a small gap behind a large bookcase and gestured towards it, "Hey Leon, check this out,"

He took notice of it and inspected the odd gap, "Look sharp, Y/n." He warned before pushing the case to the right, revealing another entrance to a room. I had a firm grip on my gun for anything. We scoped the room to make sure it was empty before entering.

"Don't know why they would hide this place up," I said, relaxing for a moment.

Leon's gaze hardened, inspecting every single detail, "You never know with them." He seemed to be eyeing the wooden carved closet that was at the edge of the room. He put his hand up and signaled for me to stand at the side while he leaned his back against it to open it. I made my way a few steps away and trained my aim towards the door.

He flicked the lock open and opened the door. Suddenly, a man fell from the closet onto the floor. This made me and Leon raise a brow at this. Now, why would they tie up this man? Unless he was against the organization that brought this disease upon the town.

He wiggled around in desperation as his mouth was taped shut and hands tied behind his back. I moved in to remove the tape that was on his mouth.

He groaned his pain, "A little rough don't ya think, pretty lady?" He had a heavy Spanish accent when he spoke.

Leon was quick to push him to his stomach and untie his hands, "You both aren't like them?" The mystery man questioned.

"No, and if we were I bet you we wouldn't look good as we do now," I replied, still alert.

The man chuckled, "And you?" Leon asked.

Once the man was released, he rolled over to shake his pained wrists, "Okay, only one important question. Do either of you got a smoke?" I snorted at this. I knew for a fact neither of us had a cigarette due to never liking the smell nor the effects of the thing.

"Got gum," Leon answered. The man looked toward me and I only shrugged.

"Got cool mints." I honestly liked the taste of them more than gum. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about spitting them out later.