09

A/N: hello! New chapter with third pov! Also {—} will be used instead of (y/n) becuz I said so ;D

"Oh you've got to be shitting me," she said, clearly annoyed with the amount of villagers appearing at a moment's notice

Both agents make quick work of the villagers along the way as both figure out where to go next, but most probably their next bet would be the church's entrance. The air was starting to get sticky and dirty in a way as they approached the doors. Unfortunately it was locked.

Leon pulled out his transmitter, "Hunnigan it's Leon. The door's locked. We can't get in."

"Didn't they teach you how to pick locks at the academy?" Hunnigan retorted. {——} snorted at the comment her alliance made. But the thought of Leon being at an academy sounded so funny to her. Maybe because she could imagine Leon going 'Yes ma'am' or 'Yes sir' in the most serious way.

"There's some sort of indentation like something might fit inside." Leon said, as he took a closer look towards the lock.

"Well there's no use standing around. You both have to find some way or something to get inside." That's when the call was cut off. Leon sighed and looked at his partner beside him. She got the memo by his look and shook her head.

"I do know how to pick locks, but somehow they made it so that you can't. So we really do need to find some sort of key." She shrugged. "Don't you love it when missions get so unnecessarily complicated?"

With a monotone, deadbeat tone he responded. "Don't I ever."

The routine had become clear to her now as they moved along the path leading to who knows where. She could only really trust her instincts as they traveled down. Though she had trust in Leon's abilities to know where he was going, there had been times where he had to retrace his steps. Not that she minded. The gloomy atmosphere had left a sour taste in her memory now. She wondered if the villagers had any sort of consciousness in their minds as they slayed them or was it that they were volunteering for such things.

She soon changed her mind as a rolling boulder was thrown in their direction as they exited a house.

"Sure hope you got your running shoes on, Leon." Just when she thought they were warming up to them.

"Not now {——}." Leon deadpanned, clearly now done with the amount of work stacked against them.

Quickly turning around, the two agents full on sprinted down the hill. Managing to escape the boulder, they are yet again faced with more villagers down.
Deep down {——} was wondering if she made the right career choice. Not that she regretted helping out with getting rid of bioweapons and all. The killing of innocents always bothered her deep inside and not knowing if these villagers were accomplices or not, added to that. Then again this job questioned morality at times.