01

"The president's daughter has been kidnapped and through an insider, we have located a possible location to search," The older man sighed out in distress, lifting his feet up onto the desk to cross them, "Thing is we also suspect a possible virus ...

"The president's daughter has been kidnapped and through an insider, we have located a possible location to search," The older man sighed out in distress, lifting his feet up onto the desk to cross them, "Thing is we also suspect a possible virus spread in the village."

I hummed in response as I looked through the blinds and reverted my attention back to him.

"After a month of investigation in Scotland, you send me back to another village." I scowled, clearly tired with dark bags under my eyes. A nights swim could do that to you. "It's a rinse and repeat process, sir."

He simply chuckled, amused with my response, "Well we also got informed that an agent who closely works for the president's family is on the case as well. So expect some partner work." He brought up a cig towards his lips as he lit it with his silver lighter. Taking a long huff before exhaling it. "I heard he's done some similar work as you."

I crossed my arms across my chest, "Name?" I curiously raised a brow. He only waved his hand, the smoke swirling around it.

"I'd rather you two meet as a surprise."

I arrived on time in Spain. Now waiting for the so-called partner and ride at the same time. I shifted my weight onto my other leg as I stood. I tried polishing up on my Spanish for this mission to spare time, not perfect but enough to have a basic conversation. Who would go to another country on a mission to only be completely unaware of the language?

"Como estas?" I whispered to myself, "Muy bien y tu?" Still a bit of polishing to do.

I heard heavy footsteps walk in my direction to only stop behind me, "Y/n?" A deep voice called out. A very damn familiar voice might I say.

God, am I even ready to turn around and face him? Not a single word exchanged between us in 6 years and this is how we start. I fiddle with my fingers as my nerves rise sky-high with this. I still can't believe I'm acting like this. I shouldn't. He's only been a friend as long as I can remember from that night... but was he really? Memories can be fuzzy as time goes on, right?

I slowly gain the courage to turn around to face him and once I did my eyes opened wide.

He had completely changed since the last time I saw him in Raccoon City. It's not only appearance-wise but also his whole aura as well. It was like seeing an old veteran return from a long violent war. Experience had sure made him harden in character. His skin had turned into a paler grey, his facial features have matured and grown sharp, with more defined muscles from what I could see from his chest as he wore a mustard yellow coat with white soft material in the inside on top his tight fit black shirt.

"Leon..." I was taken back with his sudden appearance. "Long time no see, huh?" I nervously snickered.

"Yeah... really long time." He spoke up, a surprised look on his face, "When they said that someone else was coming with me, I didn't think you'd be the- uh- person."

"Hehe, right. You'd think I'd be dead already with the number of times they thought I did." I reach a hand behind and scratched my head. Giving him an eye smile, before seeing his deadpan look to stop me. "Sorry. I forgot you hated my dead jokes."

His look only lasted for a bit before breaking and letting out a deep sigh, "Now I remember why I worried so much for you."

A sudden beep pushed us out of our conversation causing us to look in the direction of the sound. Two men were seated in a grey medium-sized car as it pulled up to the curb.

"Oye! You two the agents we gotta pick up?" The driver said, a heavy Spaniard accent coating his voice.

"Uh, yeah," I spoke first. Leon raised a brow in annoyance.

"Genial! Get in!" He patted the side of the car with the hand that had been hanging outside.

"Well... together once again," Leon said, a small tug at the corner of lips wanting to break into a smirk before walking over to the car to open the door for me to get in. I gave him a small nod of appreciation.

This mission just got a bit harder.