╰┈➤ prologue

The werewolf world is certainly not what it was before.

'Red Star'

Those two words would either strike fear or pride in any young wolf's heart. Depending on whose pack you were in. Dominating the continent from the South, the Red Star Pack had unleashed insane massacres and warfare, over decades had conquered most of the land.

Its large and dominating scheme was known to all, and one thing was clear;

'Surrender, or die.'

And so each pack had to come to a decision. Would they bow their heads to them to save their skin, or rebel to fight for their own? Was it not a pack's purpose to protect each other from harm, and would that not be surrendering? But is it not also sticking up for your home, and defending your own?

It was the goddess herself who bestowed werewolves with their purpose, the preservation of a pack. After all, pack was family.

The warriors of Red Star did not care for the packs of the lands they invaded. Cruel, merciless, and animalistic.

Packs tried to form alliances, make peace, form an army, send assassins, anything! But Red Star was strong and seemed impossible to take down. After decades of fighting, and constant loss the fight was pushed to the very north, where only a few isolated packs remained.

One day, an attack force was sent to the frigid mountain range where it was said an ancient pack resided. The alpha of Red Star was confident it would be an easy take over, but what he had not expected was his entire force being completely wiped away, with no trace.

Before he could retaliate though, he was dethroned and killed by one of his very own.

The arrogant alpha never bothered to learn the name of the pack which he had intruded upon. A legendary pack indeed.

'Blue Moon'

Said to have the incarnation of the godess herself, it was told as a pup's tale, a far away place located in the heights of mountains. There were stories of special wolves, and ancient techniques of fighting.

Rumors of a wild and ruthless beta who slaughtered his own alpha spread through the packs, the world was anticipating the apocalypse itself. A battle between the eternal empire of Red Star, and the fabled legends of the north, Blue Moon.

Yet suddenly, after the pivotal moment of the alpha's death, the Red Star pack remained quiet. Eerily quiet. It was as if they had frozen.

The mysterious hiatus remained for two years. All attacks from the Red Star pack halted. The silence of the battlefield echoed through the continent. Was this the work of the new alpha?

Nobody knew, nor trusted this pause. They were all anticipating a grand strike, living in fear, for after the scars of the Red Star attacks, nobody could trust in 'peace'.

Laiyra

Laiyra breathes in the cold fresh air, wind whipping through her silver locks of hair. She stretched out her arm as if reaching out into the white abyss of the pine forest.

Something was calling for her. Something big. She longed for it, the freedom of the wild, the rush of a run. An unexplainable force radiated from deep in the mountains, and she was the only one who felt it.

Swiftly turning around, she shakes her head.

'My duty is to my pack'

Reyn

Reyn frowns, holding the pen on the paper too long, making the ink bleed through. Something was getting on his nerves and he just couldn't put his finger on it.

It felt like something was missing. Then again, there were parts of himself that he felt, would always be gone.

It had been two years after all. Reyn scowls again, mentally berating himself. It did not matter, for he had something far more important to focus on.