Chapter 3

The long handshake ended and she helped him serve the rest of the customers.
His smile was very attractive no one could deny that, which left Rosalie trying her best not to stare at Lucas. After some time she realized he was actually staring at her as well. It caught her off guard, catching him staring once or twice and he just winked leaving her cheeks burning red.

1 hour later...

It was lunch break. People who work here usually have their lunch at the back of the restaurant where no one could see it. She sat down and ate the leftover pancakes from breakfast. The door opening caught her attention, when looking up she was surprised to see who it was. Lucas had left his place at the register. Rosalie stopped herself from choking on her food, as it was just them in the small room.
"Hey, I'll be out in a minute." " Oh no, it's okay there aren't any customers."

She stopped chewing and stared at Lucas with wide eyes. "What do you mean?" The man in front of her crossed his arms and gave her a sly smirk. "I closed it for the time being."
He was now looking as innocently as he could, into her eyes making the girl become less strict. "Why would you do that?" She started panicking and started packing away as fast as she could.
If her boss would see that, neither of them was working, and there aren't any customers, both of them will get fired. And she didn't want that to happen.

Rosalie quickly went outside and saw the customers sitting by their tables drinking their coffee and chatting.

Her eyes burned with anger as she turned around and fell against the hard, thick wood counter as Lucas was in front of her already. His body pushed against hers and his face ever so close. Her breath hitched and she couldn't look into those grey orbs. She tried her best not to stutter, trying to show she wasn't affected by his presence. "Why did you say that?!"
Although she was still mad for having her lunch disturbed her face still showed some of it. Her nose was scrunched up and her lips were pouted. "You're cute when you're mad."
"Oh, you..."
She grumbled and cursed under her breath but he just chuckled to himself. Only her brother called her cute, which would end up with him getting a slap on the cheek.

The bell rang and Lucas and Rosalie's boss walked in. She came earlier than expected, but she just greeted her with a warm smile. "Hi dear, where's Lucas?" She was looking around to maybe get a glimpse of him. "He's in the back having lunch."
She pointed towards the closed door where currently Lucas was. "Well tell him he did a great job! We haven't had this many customers since the mayor decided to have lunch here."

She chuckled at the fact of the Mayor having his lunch here because his favorite restaurant was closed.

Ms. Walker left with a wide smile on her face and Rosalie continued her job drying and cleaning the glasses and plates. After cleaning the counter, she realized that there weren't any customers arriving and more of them were leaving.

That usually happened as they started excepting the romantic couples that came here to have dinner. Rosalie was a bit jealous of those couples as she had never had a real relationship in her whole life. They would all try and sleep with her on the first date, which left her annoyed and sad. She hated that most people only wanted her for her body.

Larry who was getting ready for his shift kept her company while they waited for May. Rosalie was more than happy since she hadn't chatted with him for a while now, leaving them to catch up on a few things.

Soon she noticed that Lucas hasn't come out of the back since lunch. With a worried look plastered on her face, she started wondering what was going on.

After excusing herself she went to the back to check upon him. The dishes were nicely done and the small goodies that were his jobs to bake and not the chefs were neatly stacked on a plate. He did his job but he didn't leave. There were only two ways out of the restaurant.
One was the main entrance where the guests came through, and the second in the back, but you needed keys to open the door.

She heard the door open again. When turning around she was met with a messy-haired Lucas who for some reason was breathing heavily. He looked different from before. "Ummm... are you alright?"
She asked in a quiet tone. He sighed and smiled. "Yeah, I'm great! I was wondering If I could take you home?"

She gave it some thought and came to a conclusion. Since her shift was over earlier she could surprise Jojo by getting home earlier than him. That idea made her smile. Giving him a nod, and picked up her jacket that she accidentally left here last time, and opened the door.

Lucas leads the way outside to his pitch-black SUV. He unlocked it with a click of a button and opened the door for Rosalie.
'He's such a gentleman.' He shut the door and got in the driver's seat beside her. "You need to" " Turn around, I know."

She kept quiet wondering how would he know. But she thought maybe he saw her brother driving her here and saw which way they came from. She finally took some courage and brought up the one thing that's been bothering her all day.

"Your girlfriends are probably not happy that you're driving me home." "What makes you think I have one." His voice turned cold and careless.
She was rather happy to hear that cause she was starting to like him. "Oh sorry, I just thought you might have one." She scrunched her eyes and cursed herself for replying so awkwardly. He was quite the whole way back and, she was more surprised he knew the way to her house. Rosalie liked the cheery person he was during the day but now he was just quiet and emotionless. "You can put me out a few houses before."
While unbuckling her seatbelt she pulled her bag in her lap waiting for him to stop. "Why?"
He asked snorting at her stupid request. He wanted to put her out at the front of her house to maybe see her brother and make him a bit pissed. "Because I don't want my brother to beat the living shit out of you if he sees me with you." At that all Lucas did was chuckle before replying. "Don't worry kitten I've had worse."

That nickname sent tingles all over her body. The way he said it made her feel lucky. She felt like he might like her as well but she didn't get her hopes up.

To be honest, right now she was feeling like a schoolgirl in 7th grade waiting for her crush to like her back. The mere thought of Lucas liking her back made her excited. She wanted to squeal but kept it inside.

He carelessly stopped in front of her house and turned off the car engine. She reached for the door handle but heard the door lock click.

A small panic grew inside her but she ignored it.
There was nothing he could do in front of her own house.

"Rosie I'll be straightforward with you."
She held a chuckle back at the cute nickname he gave her once again.

"I like you very much and I want to take you on a date tomorrow." She slowly nodded her head even though she wanted to jump up and down in excitement. "Okay, tomorrow it is then. You already know where I live so how 'bout eight?" "Okay with me."
He chuckled and unlocked the car.
It felt a weight was lifted off her shoulders.

'Thank god nothing happened.'

After going inside she jumped on the sofa next to her half-awake brother.
"Hey, what If I was still at work and you fell asleep?! Would I have to wait for you to wake up?!"

She threw a pillow against his head and went up to her own room. She could tell he was extremely tired since he didn't ask how her sister got home. Rosie was very tired as well and just went to bed.

| Vote | Comment | Follow |

| Word Count: 1431 |