Chapter 18

Rosalie woke up to the sound of banging against her wooden door. Rubbing her eyes, she lifted herself up into a sitting position. "Who is it?" Her morning voice was croaky and sleepy. However, the banging didn't stop. Folding the covers off herself and onto the otherside she got out of bed, while trying to fix her messed up hair. She remembered that the door was locked from the outsid. Wondering if she would be able to open it she pushed down the door handle and tugged it. It had opened and a hand suddenly reached in catching her by the collar. "Hey! Get your hands off me!" Rosalie yelled as she was pulled outside into the bright light. Being blinded for a second she hit the hand holding onto her firmly. After the blackness went away she was finally able to see. The hand that was holding her belonged to no other than Xavier. He had a firm grip on Rosalie and his butler was holding a camera. Rosalie was in too much of a daze to understand what he was talking about, but she felt his presence get closer to her. He leaned down nuzzling into her neck. Rosalie started moving and tossing. But it was all useless due to Xaviers firm grip on her. She kept whimpering and made out the last part of Xaviers sentence. "If you don't show up, I'll kill her. And you know I always keep my word." Rosalies emerald eyes widened and she stared at the camera horrified. Would Xavier really kill her? The Filming stopped and she was let go. Her breathing got heavy and she backed away from him. "That'll get your little boyfriend to come here." He tugged at his suit and walked away, the butler following in his steps. A question arose in Rosalie: 'Did Xavier really want to kill Luther?' If he did Rosalie had to warn him. She felt like no one should die or get hurt because of her. That would just make her feel guilty. Even Luther didn't deserve to die. He was a bad man but Rosalie couldn't have him die. She decided to go in search of Lorenzo.

After checking in almost every room there was in the whole mansion she found him in the kitchen. Slapping herself inwardly, sge thought about the readon why he didn't just start there. Luckily Xavier had left for work and now it was just him and her. They could talk privatly. Lorenzo was currently cooking, and it smelled delicious. "Hey..." Rosalie greated making him jump a little. "Oh hi..." He continued stirring and didn't say anytiing to Rosalie. "Um...are you alright?" She questioned, eager to find out if Lorenzo got hurt in any sort of way after last night. "Yeah I'm fine." He said with a small smile. Rosalie found it hard to believe that smile. "Hey...Lorenzo." He hummed in response and just continued stirring, so Rosalie continued. "I could use a hug." Lorenzo nodded once and stopped stirring. Rosalie went closer placing her hands around his waist as he pulled her closer to his chest. She let out a sigh of relief. This selfless innocent hug felt so nice at a time like this. Rosalie ran her hand up Lorenzos back in a comforting way. Until he hissed. Rosalie quickly pulled away and gazed into Lorenzos eyes vexed. "He hurt you didn't he?" Lorenzo turned away back to the pot and stirred again. "It's nothing bella." He quietly stated. "Bullshit." She turned off the stove and grabbed ahold of Lorenzos arm pulling him into the nearest bathroom. "Bella I'm fine." His voice was so tired. "No you're not! I can't even imagine what Xavier did in the wrong state of mind." Lorenzo let out a long sigh. Rosalie went behind him and pulled up his shirt. He let her, and her eyes gazed over the many bruises his perfectly defined back had. A quiet gasp left her lips as her eyes draped over the purple and green marks. "What did he do?" Lorenzo put his hands against the sink and let his head down. "It diesn't matter. He found out about last night." Rosalie was fuming with anger. Was the whole family like this? Everytime someone spent some time with somebody other than them, they got this mad? They have some sort of mental problem. "Let me help you." Rosalies soft voice was caring making Lorenzo nod his head. She reached into the cupboard above the sink getting a towel and soaking it under the sink. After turning off the running water she started cleaning the area around the bruise before it got infected. After finding some cream, and applying it she nicley put a bandage on it. Lorenzo pulled his shirt down and thanked Rosalie for the help. "I have a question. I don't think you have the answer but..." Lorenzos lip pulled into a small smile at Rosalies blabbering. "Just ask the question." She took a deep breath and asked away. "Why is Xavier trying to kill Luther?" Lorenzo looked confused at rosalies worried eyes. She was worried for a man she hated most and had hurt her in many ways. "I'm not sure. Why?" Her eyes traveled everywhere as she took in the new information. "Well I need to help him. He doesn't deserve to die." Lorenzo moved closer picking up Rosalies hands in his own. "Bella, look, you shouldn't help someone who hurt you so much." Rosalie let her head down and thought more about it. "But no one deserves to die because of me." He let out a small chuckle. "If Luther dies, it won't be because of you. It will be because of his own selfish actions. It won't be your fault." Lorenzos thumb started to caress the back of her hand making the area tingle a bit. "But it would be wrong to let someone die without even trying to help, without trying to prevent it from happening." Lorenzo let his head down and thought more about it. "Honestly, I don't see what you can do." She took a sigh and answered. "I just need to get to him before he gets to me." Lorenzo let his head down thinking. "I don't know bella." Rosalie was getting burried deep in her thoughts trying to figure out ways to help her torturer. At the end she fell against Lorenzos hard chest shutting her eyes, and just shutting her mind down for a bit.

After some time went by as they were just in eachothers arms listening to eacjothers breathing, something broke in the kitchen. It sounded more like a glass cup. After sharing a stare they both went outside. Looking around the kitchen they saw that no one was there. Something hard and cold pressed against Rosalies head from behind.   She stayed still and Lorenzo turned around. His eyes widened with fear and he looked at Rosalie. "What are you doing? Let go of her!" A tear dropped from Rosalies eye as she recognized the cold metal against her head to be a gun. "No." The mans accent was italian just like Lorenzos. "sai che ha ucciso il figlio del capo." (you know he killed the boss's son) Lorenzos eyes filled with anger. "Lei non c'entra niente." (She has nothing to do with it.) An evil chuckle left the unkown mans lips. "oh ma lei lo fa." (Oh but she does.) Another chuckle escaped his lips, his stinky breath hitting against Rosalies hair. "vedi, lui la ama." (See, he loves her.) Lorenzos hands turned into fists by his side. "E quale modo migliore per ricambiare il dolore che lasciarla soffrire." (And what better way to repay the pain than to let her suffer.) "piccolo pezzo di merda." Growled Lorenzo. "non gli farai del male." (You won't hurt him.) Lied Lorenzo. Eventhough Rosalie didn't know what they were talking about, it was pretty obvious Lorenzo was trying to help her. "e perché?" (And why?) The middle aged man questioned. "non la ama più." (he doesn't love her anymore.) He lied again. "Perché pensi che l'abbia lasciata andare?" (Why do you think he let her go?") The mans eyes didn't change. "perché dovrei crederti?" (Why should I believe you?) His eyes were suspicious, but Lorenzo continued lying like it was the truth. "perché-" (becasue-) The man cut his sentence. "prima hai lasciato la mafia e hai iniziato a uscire con questo ragazzo e ora dovrei crederti, perché stai cercando di salvare la vita a questa sciocca ragazzina?" (first you left the mafia and started dating this guy and now i should believe you because you are trying to save this silly little girl's life.) He started chuckling again. "beh, porto la ragazza con me. Piace o no." (well, i'm taking the girl with me. Like it or not.) Lorenzos eyes fumed with anger but he didn't dare to make a move before he shot Rosalie right there. "Non ti lascerò averlo così facilmente." (I won't let you have her that easily.) Rosalie looked at Lorenzo wondering what was going on. "Don't worry we'll get you back soon." Her eyes widened and she started kicking and swing her arms around as the man carried her away. Lorenzo let his head down feeling absolutley helpless. Her screams filled the halls until the door was shut closed. He quickly dialed Xaviers number and told him what happened. His reaction wasn't a happy one.