Distraction

It seemed to take forever to walk home after he separated from you, his hand raised to eye-level as he stared at the palm that held yours, the fingers that wrapped around yours, his body heat rising immensely. His wide eyes gape at the picture of your hand holding his, everything else leaving his mind as if it was never there in the first place. All his head was filled with was the warmth of your gentle hand in his, the way your fingers fit with his so perfectly- he felt as if it was on purpose, the way your hands molded together so neatly.

He shook his head trying to snap himself out of it, a trance that was rather difficult to break out of. He huffed, stuffing his hand in his pocket aggressively while turning to the lane of denial.

It didn't mean anything. It wasn't special. You're a distraction. He didn't need this. He needed to focus on volleyball, and volleyball only.

Furrowing his brows as he walks into his room, he sloppily sets his bag down before lazily piling on top of his bed, groaning in his pillow. Forgetting the events that had occurred earlier wouldn't be easy, but... fake it 'till ya make it, right?

He slugged his way into school the next day, his head throbbing and his eyes screwed shut while his fingers rub the sides of his temple. He didn't want to see you, knowing you would want to talk to him about what had happened. He would avoid you, he planned. Running into you was not a good idea, even he would know that.

"Hey, Kageyama-kun!" He shuts his eyes and sighs in head while his mouth stays shut.

"Kageyama?" Every time you say his name it makes it harder for him to stay quiet; he suddenly felt bad.

Hello?" He could tell by the high tone in your voice you were worried, but he wouldn't risk it. "Is it because of yesterday? Do you want me to forget about it? Because Kageyama, I really don't wa-"

The glare he sent you made you take a step back, the sharpness of his dilated pupils carving through yours frightening you. He could tell you knew what he meant just by looking at your disappointed expression, your eyes suddenly droopy and your shoulders sinking. Once he saw your body disappear behind the wall that you passed, he whips his head forward, determined to stay on top.

His door slams shut once he enters his home, his chest heaving and his eyes gleaming red with his hands balled up into fists. How dare Hinata say that? In front of everyone, too? He didn't do anything wrong! He doesn't need this. Not from Hinata, not from you.

Then he remembered.

Your practice together starts in a couple hours, a few days left until your big game. He grunted in anger- nothing seems to go his way. He shouldn't attend, he knew that. He didn't want to go, he didn't have to go. Yet, he felt obligated. He couldn't say that you weren't working hard for this and that you weren't improving. He could say you suck, but that would be a lie. He had skipped his own practice, yet he was still finding time to go to yours. What turned him into this?

Arriving at the school once more for the day after he had calmed down, his feet finally picking themselves up and his head lifted as he walked through his castle. Before he opened the gym doors, he could hear the squeaking on the polish floors from your athletic shoes- you had already started practicing without him. Did you think he wasn't coming? He walks through the gym doors, the bounces of the volleyball rolling away echoing through the large room as you plant your feet down, staring with wide eyes while you witness him come in.

Why was he here?

You could feel the dense atmosphere when he takes a couple steps towards the bench, setting his bag down.