Chapter 5

It was the next day at school when essy approached me, tripping over her legs.

"What happened?" I interrogated calmly, trying to hold in a laugh.

She glanced up at me and shook her head in disappointment. "It's only seven in the morning and you're already laughing."

I couldn't hold it in any longer and the laugh that I was trying so desperately to hold in, escaped my lips. "What do you expect me to do when you're tripping over the air?" I snickered.

She rolled her eyes but soon joined me in my fit of giggles.

"Hey what are you guys up to?"

I turned around just to find William smiling cheekily at us. He wore a blue turtleneck sweater paired with grey joggers and white jordans. I watched him closely as he ran his slender fingers through his sandy blonde hair.

"oh nothing," I smiled up at him, playing with the hem of my new yellow sundress.

If I'm being honest, there was once a time when I had a crush on William. He was just always there for me so that didn't make my feelings any easier to ignore. However, that was a part of my past and he never showed interest in me. Or at least that's what I thought.

"oh that's cool I guess," he smirked, " do you girls plan on going to class any time soon?"

I glanced down at my watch just in time to see that it was currently 8:45, which means that class started 15 minutes ago.

"oh sorry I didn't realize it was this late, why are you just arriving at school by the way?"

"Hmm," he scratched his neck while nibbling on his lip gently, "long story."

I tilted my head, gradually looking up at him, "oh really? well, I'll have time tonight."

William chuckled, because knowing him, he was probably thinking about something different than what I meant.

"Fine Rebecca, have it your way," he smiled once more before he walked away.

"Essy, why were you In a rush anyway?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion, watching as she shuffled seemingly in a haste.

Her brown eyes darted at everything but me. "I'll tell you later."

That's weird... What are they both hiding?

Before I had the chance to say anything else, jippy was strolling towards us, with her green floral dress along with her blonde hair flowing behind her.

"I still can't believe you said that about my crush yesterday."

Frowning, I pursed my lips, "The dude doesn't even know of your existence. Besides you brought up Justis even though you knew that I'm still trying to come to terms with what happened, so I guess we're even."

Jippy glared and rolled her blue eyes, staring right into my soul. "He may not know of my existence yet but, I know he likes me too."

"How is that even possible?.." My face scrunched up in confusion.

Esmeralda stood between the both of us before things got out of hand.

"Guys chill, didn't we move on from this yesterday?"

"That's what I thought until jippy here arrived," I scoffed.

Jippy gently pushed Esmeralda aside and pointed at me. "I trusted you enough to tell you that I finally allowed myself to love again and you judged me instead of being happy. How did you expect me to feel?"

"It's not that I'm not happy for you, it's just that, you pulled us along all your love adventures, and they all ended up disappointing you. Jackson will not be the first, nor will he be the last. I'm just trying to spare your feelings as your best friend!" I blurted frustrated by her stupidity.

"First of all, don't raise your voice at me, you're not my mom, and I didn't ask for your help," she folded her arms across her chest.

I sighed and threw my hands up in defeat, "Fine, your problem."

I immediately walked away from both of them and went to first period.

••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••• ••••

I stared blankly at Mrs. Richmond as she read one of her favorite novels to us in literature class. However, I quickly went into a daze.

Flashback

"Hey babe, I figured that you would skip breakfast today so I bought you this."

I glanced up from writing an essay at Justis, who was holding two donuts and two random Starbucks coffees.

Flashing him a smile, I took them from his hands. "Thanks, hun, but do you think that a donut is the best choice for breakfast?" I chuckled pinching his cheek.

He blushed in embarrassment and planted a kiss on my cheek before he sat down in an empty chair in front of me in the cafeteria.

"Well I tried," he shrugged.

"I know you did, thanks babe," I leaned over the oval table and pecked his lips. I pulled back and smiled at him.

"I will never get tired of your lips," he whispered with his eyes still closed.

"You're so corny," I chuckled.

"That's just how I feel whenever I'm around you, babe."

I blushed and placed my hands in his.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I fidgeted in my chair and wiped my cheek when I realized I was crying.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking, who are you?"

"Oh, I'm Jackson, I'm the new kid," he laughed.

My eyes widened in shock, as I finally recognized who he was. It was the new kid that sat in front of me in physics.

The same guy, jippy has a crush on...

"Hi, I'm Rebecca," I reached my hand out to shake his.

"I know," he gladly accepted.

He must've seen my eyebrows raise because he quickly explained himself.

"I meant that Victor told me about you."

Oh, Victor, the weird kid.

"That's okay," I smiled at him, "How are you enjoying here so far?"

Sighing, he sat down beside me. "Well if you count being robbed on my first day by a freshman enjoyment, then I sure I am."

I giggled at his sarcasm shaking my head. "Yeah sorry about that, that happens here a lot. But It will only happen your first week here because you're being observed, so don't pay attention to it."

"I mean I'll try," he shrugged, slouching down in his seat.

My smile ceased midway, as I peered away from him to see Jippy entering the class while staring directly at us.

***********

Hey guys, I'm back, Hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to like and comment. Love you