Chapter 10

"No, but seriously, I cannot trust guys anymore."

I honestly do not blame Esmeralda. These 'men' these days are something else. If you don't trust them, you're doing your heart a favor by saving it from the ache of betrayal.

Leaning back on the tough cafeteria bench, I smiled at Essy's choice of words. She has always been someone I could relate to about almost anything, and I admired that about her.

"Honestly Essy, if anyone shouldn't trust guys, it should be me," I laughed and took a sip of my soda.

At that, Essy smirked and glanced knowingly in Justis' direction. "I think every girl that ever had to suffer through a relationship with Justis has every right to be susceptible to paranoia."

Chuckling, I threw my soggy paper straw at Essy's face.

Her face quickly contorted into that of revulsion which prompted her to jump up from her seat.

"Eww Becca, seriously!"

Esmeralda's complaints sounded suppressed to my ears as a result of my uncontrolled laughter. She merely shook her head at my childlike behavior.

Jippy who has so far been quiet this entire conversation decided to chime in, "Relationships are overrated honestly. Sometimes I think that I want a relationship but then I think about the fact that I can no longer check out guys freely. Being available really isn't that bad. A relationship comes with too many restrictions. It's like a package but at the same time I want to be free you get me?"

I'm pleased to know that Jippy has reached this phase in her life, to view relationships in that light.

With her history..

As a gesture to signal my agreement with her statement, I nodded along with her words.  There was a time when I was just like Jippy, so I completely understand where she's coming from. I think it stems from the fact of not necessarily being noticed as an adolescent growing up. Any male that comes around or shows the slightest sign of attraction towards me, even if it wasn't true, I'd cling to them. I guess that's where self-love comes into play to break away from that mindset.

"Yeah, I agree Jips, relationships are indeed overrated and we owe all of that to society," Esmeralda adds and takes a bite of her cheeseburger.

Just as I was also about to add to the conversation, a familiar voice cuts it short.

"Hey, um Jippy, can I have a word with you?"

Jackson nervously scratched at his head, awaiting a retort from Jippy who didn't appear to be in the mood to converse with him.

I don't blame her.

After about a minute of silence fell between them, Jips audibly sighed and glanced up to peer at Jackson's eyes.

They were staring at each other a bit too long if you asked me...

Jippy suddenly smiled which had us all puzzled.

Maybe that was the point.

"Sure Jackson, id like to talk to you also."

His entire body visibly relaxed and he looked at us expectedly.

My eyebrows creased as I tilted my head at his audacity, "What? We're not moving."

Now it was our turn to be in a stare-off, as neither of us intended to avert our eyes in an act to intimidate the other. Jackson ultimately groaned and joined us at the table.

I watched as he subconsciously rubbed his fingers through his hair, more than likely out of frustration.

"Look Jippy, I apologize for what happened the other day," he paused and gazed at Jippy who turned away, before continuing. "I'm sorry that I just went away like that when you asked for my number, I was just nervous. Besides, I don't usually talk to girls if you haven't noticed. Regardless, you can still have my number, that's if you still want it of course."

Jippy smirked and picked at her nails, "no thank you, Jackson, the offer has expired."

You go, girl!

Jackson pursed his lips and shrugged, "okay cool."

If I didn't know any better I'd say that he's hurt by her decline but Jackson is probably relieved.

What would he do with a girl anyway?

Victor soon joined Jackson at our table and conversations buzzed between everyone present.

Well everyone except me.

My attention was caught by something else. Grace and her minions were sneakily looking back at our table every ten minutes, whispering to each other.

It wasn't long until Grace and I made eye contact -

And she smirked...

Graces P.O.V

For too long has Rebecca gotten away with making people's lives a living hell. Before she came along, I was the one running things at this school along with my closest friends, Skylar and Lizzy. She completely ruined that with her ignorant friends the day she came here. At first, I didn't view her as a problem because she acted similarly to every other new kid.

It's always the 'innocent' ones that constantly turn out to be the devil. I thought I escaped her when I left middle school and she migrated to England. Then my world was turned upside down when we first made eye contact at the school's parking lot on her first day. Her face held an innocent appearance, but her eyes had a glint in them that I'll never forget. The next thing I know, she was talking to my boyfriend the following week, and as naive as Justis was, it wasn't long until he was no longer my boyfriend.

I admit that I may have tormented her in the past but be real, hasn't every child done that?

I wasn't even bothered by her existence anymore after we graduated. That didn't stop her from ruining my life though.

After she started dating my ex-boyfriend, I was too heartbroken to care about anything anymore. So eventually all control I had over the school was taken by her.

She saw my weakness and took advantage of it.

I'll never forgive her for that.

Which is why I'll make sure she regrets it at the school's summer rave this weekend. She'll pay for the pain I felt caused by her and I'll have help this time.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Lizzy questioned with a look of concern on her face.

I never understood why I became friends with her in the first place. Lizzy is way too much of a softie to be hanging around me. My life revolves around risks while she's too cautious.

"What do you mean if she's sure Lizzy? Haven't you seen what Rebecca has done to us?" Skylar raised an eyebrow at her with a confused expression.

Skylar always knows what's up. She's never been a coward, and that's why she's my favorite.

Finally, everything I lost will be more mine again. This plan is guaranteed to work.

Smiling, I locked eyes with Justis.

With help of course...