Chapter 11

Hey readers. School started again so updates will now be every weekend. Sorry for the wait and thanks for your patience.
__________

Esmeralda's POV

I smiled at the feeling of his warm hands that enveloped mine. It felt like a soothing hug but instead replaced by his hands. My body relaxed under his touch and I eased into him as a response.

They can't know about this.

I can't let them know.

This has to be kept a secret.

If this ever gets out-

I was pulled out of my thoughts by his thumb softly caressing the back of my hand. Instantly my worries faded into the back of my mind.

I never thought that I'd be so drawn to a person in my entire life.

I yearn for him. I yearn for his touch daily.

I want him. I need him.

Love like this is so foreign to me. I've never been so consumed with the entire being of a person. His very presence excites me.

Being around him makes me feel safe; I'm protected . My flaws are no longer judging me with every peek in the mirror.

They too seem to be captivated by this love so new to us. I never want this sensation to end.

Every look from him never fails to make me seen and wanted. My flaws don't make a difference to me anymore. I now admire it because someone saw the value in me.

I'm glad I never settled. If I did, love like this would easily escape through my fingers.

Now I can hold on to my answered prayer.

I don't want to ever let go.

"You alright?"

His husky voice broke through the silence as he stopped strolling, to sift through the emotions I was going through in silence.

I just can't say it out loud. It's too much for me.

He has repeated those endearing yet ever so risky words to me, yet I can't find it in myself to recite them back to him.

Those words never left my mouth before.

Why should I permit them to now?

I must protect my heart from being wounded yet again.

I can't allow that.

I reached my hand up to stroke his jawline and faintly smiled at him. "I'm okay, just thinking, that's all."

At that, he chuckled, "You've been doing a lot of that lately. I wonder what about."

Too bad you'll never know.

I need to tell my friends. They have to know but I can't. They'd just see me as a hypocrite.

All my life I gave off the impression of hating the male species, yet here I am, wrapped up in the arms of one.

They won't forgive him. They more than likely think I'm lesbian at this point. I've shared so little while they've shared so much, and that's so unfair to them.

I do hope that one day I'll be able to confront them and explain to them how I finally understand what love feels like.

But for now, just for a moment -

I'll have to keep it a secret.

_________

Jackson's POV