10

10 — A FRAUDULENT PARADOX

Some extraterrestrial stuff goes down in SMTown.

The unanticipated appearance of the two directors have left the herd of rookies in great shock, impotently incapable of rebounding from the situation. Boo mushes his cheeks with both hands, his pale complexion turning bright pink. "Director-nim! We're sorry, we didn't notice your entrance."

"Well that's because Sehun and I are experts of unforeseen entries, aren't we, hyung?" The petite woman nudges her gawky friend by the shoulder. "The Detective Duo, that's what we are. Lurking beneath the shadows, scarcely detected by no other."

Yeri clears her throat politely. "I think you meant spies..?"

"No, I'm pretty damn sure we're detectives." Sejeong repudiates, staring right back at the novice with no ill intentions. "You know why? Because we kick crimes and solve ass." She backs off in realization once her eyes shifted to the boy sitting next to the pink-haired Yeri. "Mark Lee! Mark Lee, you remember me?"

"Of course I do, Sejeong-ssi," Mark bows further down than he ever did the whole day. "Thank you, for recommending me during my interview. There's nothing I can do to repay your kindness."

"Trust me, Mark Lee, you got shortlisted because of your potential, nothing about your acceptance is on me." She replies to him with a warmhearted smile. "And you know what? I'm glad to see you today! You truly fit in like a missing puzzle piece. I bet Seulgi thinks you're magnificent, too."

"Ah, he's the one you told me, yes?" Sehun examines him from top to bottom, Mark felt like he was being ushered into another job interview with Sehun as his accessor. "Doyoung's friend?"

Mark lets out nervous laugh. "In all honesty, me and Doyoung-hyung are just mere acquaintances."

Sejeong seems to ignore the last bit as she rambles on, "we usually hang out here together as a trio, too bad Doie wasn't able to come with us today, he would've loved to bump into you, I heard you're friends! He said he wanted to go and get some fresh air."

Mark could barely hide his grin. He finds it ironic how the marketing director went out to get some 'fresh air', only to be held captive by his friends with no other than his major archenemy, Lee Donghyuck. He's probably regretting his choice by now.

Sehun coughs into his diet coke. "Did you just call him Doie?"

"Yeah, Doie. I always call him Doie. What about it?"

"Oh, and does he call you Jeongie in return?" Mark could notice the slight change in Sehun's voice, it got a little more strained than it was before.

"No, he calls me SB." Sejeong answers dully, not expecting for a followup question. "Kim SB,  short for Kim StarBlossom. Or just Blossom. It's sort of an inside joke."

Mark was no expert at human nature, but he can definitely tell people's gestures when they're helplessly jealous. Additionally, he can also confidently assume that the rest of the table have read the situation. Everyone except Sejeong.

"Anyway, you guys were having the juicy talk right there before Sehun-hyung and I interrupted, care to elaborate more, please?"

"Unnie! This is not the place." Mina hushes her boss in a friendly manner, her finger tapping on her limb as an early warning sign. "They're from other divisions, what if we get caught?"

"Isn't that a good thing? They're from other divisions, that means more intel!" Sejeong shoves her subordinate's hand away and proceeds to pry information for her juniors. "Penny for your thoughts?"