꧁༺ 𝓣𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

TW: Character Death

Eleanor Florence

The party was dying. 

More then half of the guests had left hours ago, but of course, Eleanor's family was still attendant. Her parents had spoken to and worn out almost everyone, right down to the very last few guests who only stayed to chat in sympathy of their passing son.

Right now Eleanor stood at the far end of the hall, one of the guests chatting her ear off but she wasn't listening. She stared, glaring across the room, narrowing her eyes at her sister as she flirted and touched Draco. It made her jealous, made her angry. Lit a fire within her, a dangerous one.

"Eleanor, Eleanor? Are you even listening?" She broke her gaze and finally looked to her left, finally acknowledging the girl that had been chatting to her all this time. She couldn't for the life of her remember the girls name but nonetheless she smiled.

"Very sorry. I got distracted—you were saying?" Eleanor smiled politely, gripping the champagne glass in her hand rather tightly.

"Prince Draco. Is he and your sister really to get married?" She asked as Eleanor rolled her eyes. Cecilia and Draco's marriage was the last thing she even wanted to think about, let alone speak about. She knew it wasn't actually going to happen—she was going to stop it before it did but thinking and talking about it still upset her.

"Yes" Eleanor smiled "Unfortunately" she finished under her breath as the girls face fell for a short moment, maybe in hopes that this wasn't real, that she could get her hands on him.

"Well, if you'll excuse me" The girl sadly smiled as she finally left. Eleanor sighed in relief, she wasn't really the one to strike up conversation with random people.

Eleanor glanced around the room again, only about 150 out of the 300 guests left. She looked around and noticed that she failed to spot her mother. Panic started to rise in her—thinking her mother had left before she got the chance to rid off her, thinking the whole family had left completely.

It wouldn't be the first time they had done it.

That is until she spotted her, she was glancing around, looking to see if anyone would notice before she slipped through a door on other side of the hall. Eleanor's brows furrowed, wondering what her mother could be up to this time–what the Malfoy's possibly could have that was worth the risk of slipping from the party, hoping to go unnoticed.

Even when everyone were being observed.

Eleanor took this as the perfect opportunity so carefully she reached down, still feeling the dagger strapped to her thigh before striding across the hall, making little effort not to be seen. She knew she wouldn't be noticed anyway, no one ever cared enough to share a glance at her.

She looked back at the dying ball one more time before she slipped through the same door her mother did. She closed the door gently behind her before turning and looking down the now dark hallway she stood in.

The scene was different to the elegant, light, pristine and clean room she was just in, it was dirty, the air was heavy and the walls, as well as the floors, were a cold stone.

She wondered what could possibly be down here, what her mother found worth it being caught for. She looked around, the hallway being dimly lit by the touches that sat on the wall every 3 metres. There was no pictures, no doors, no sound, no decorations whatsoever—like this wasn't part of the palace the Malfoy's live in.

Eleanor took a deep breath before slowly starting to walk, the only sound surrounding her was the click of her heels on the stone floor as she paced and her heavy breath. The hallway was straight, no turns, twists and no other way to go but forward.