꧁༺ 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

Ya'll I'm nearly at 2k followers! If you haven't followed already, make sure to do so ❤️

Eleanor Florence

"Please bow your heads for moment of silence. In celebration of Prince Louis short but wonderful life, May he rest in a better world" As the pastor commenced his words of meaning, Eleanor stood in silence as well as everyone else.

Barley holding in her laugh.

Standing in a black dress, a fascinator covering half her face and her head bowed in 'respect' for Louis, Eleanor felt peaceful. She didn't want to come today but she's glad she did.

The kingdoms A listers sat in the large church while the rest sat outside the gate. Not allowed  to come in. Although they were just as sad as everyone else in the kingdom, Eleanor felt herself nearly smile at the half of them yell and swear at them.

But most of them mourn the loss of their prince.

The moment of silence felt like forever and it allowed Eleanor's thoughts to wonder. She had actually done it. She had killed her horrid brother without a care in the world and she got away with it. No one suspected her because as far as they knew, she's just a nothing waste of space.

If felt amazing.

Eleanor lifted her head up and she seemed to be the only one, looking around the hall at the saddened faces and dipped heads.

Until she spotted him.

Eleanor's lips stretched into a thin smile as she watched him stare directly at the front, eyeing the stature of Mary with a frown. 

His jaw flexed as he concentrated on something. His blue hues flickering up and down before he turned his head and caught her stare.

A small smirk pried Eleanor's lips as Draco looked at her in confusion. She felt her smile widen, almost letting a chuckle leave her mouth before she turned her head to the front and bowed it once more.

"Heads up" All heads in the church slowly lifted, wet faces and red eyes could be seen in each seat "24 sirens will now play and I ask that during this time, if you will be silent"

The hall silenced once again as the sirens started to play. High pitched and gave Eleanor an ear ache.

Eleanor decided she wasn't going to stay for this so she cleared her throat and excused herself from her seat before running from the hall. Of course, no one cared enough about her to care or even notice.

Which made this easier for her.

Eleanor stood outside of the hall, just in the garden near a patch of roses as she listened to the birds chirp and the wind blow softly.

The sirens in the distance were music to her ears as she took a deep breath in. Eleanor noticed that the air somehow felt sweeter, Knowing that one more horrible person was gone.

"I'm very sorry for your loss, Your Highness" Eleanor jumped slightly and slowly turned around to meet Draco, his hands crossed behind his back, standing a fair distance from her.

"Oh it's quite alright. Louis and I didn't get along all that well anyway" Eleanor smiled. Draco just nodded his head and took a small step towards her.

Eleanor folder her hands in front of her, clutching her purse.

"You're missing the service" Draco said as a matter of factly. Eleanor chuckled and shook her head.

"I've seen enough to be satisfied" Eleanor shrugged as Draco raised an eye brow.

"To be satisfied?" He questioned. Eleanor just smiled.

"Draco" An older looking man placed a hand on Draco's shoulder. His hair was long and blonde just as Draco's, a heavy fur coat draped over his shoulders and a crystallised Crown sat on his head "The service is almost over, return inside"

"Of course, father. I was just sharing my condolences with Princess Eleanor" Draco looked level to his father as he nodded and ushered Draco inside "Princess" Draco bowed his head before disappearing back Inside.

Leaving Eleanor alone with the man.

Draco's father stayed with Eleanor, his head turned in the direction Draco left from until he was out of sight. That's when he finally looked towards Eleanor.

"Lucius Malfoy" his head was held high and the posh British dropped from his speech "You must be Miss Eleanor"

"Princess Eleanor-"

"No it's barely 'Miss'. Your parents have told me plenty about you" a permanent scowl sat on his face as he spoke to her "Draco is to marry Cecilia and I don't want you in the way. Don't talk to my son" he announced before walking away.

This day was supposed to be a celebration of victory for Eleanor but instead she left the church with a frown and gutting feeling in her stomach from his words. She was so sick of people putting her down and underestimating her.

She bit her lip as she sat in the carriage next to her sister. Blocking out the lecture her parents were giving her for leaving the church during the service. Saying it was very disrespectful and unlady like. Eleanor didn't care for their words no more. She had heard all the same insults before.

And it was almost like she was immune.

~•~•~

Eleanor rushed back into the castle—despite the shouts from her parents, she stormed straight up to her bedroom and slammed the door.

She didn't know why she was so riled up. She had done it, she had killed her brother with not a suspicion or trace from anyone. She should be happy and deep down, she was but something on the surface just made her blood boil.

Multiple people flashed through her mind, multiple causes but not one seemed right. Eleanor couldn't seem to pin the cause of her anger until she slipped across one, her blood stopped boiling and a deep exhale left her mouth.

Draco.

He wasn't the cause of her anger but maybe he might just be the cure for it. She knew she couldn't have him—not yet anyway. She didn't know what it was, there was just something about him that made her feel like she actually mattered. She knew he didn't wanna marry Cecilia, you could see it in the way he looked at her—nothing more then an acquaintance.

The whole point Of Eleanor's doings was to get what she wanted, no matter the cost or how long it took her. But something about Draco just made him seem so untouchable—like he would break at the slightest inconvenience, not Eleanor's type at all that much, but above all that, he was so... irresistible.

Eleanor laid stomach down on her bed and screamed into her pillow like a child. It frustrate her so, so much how he was. She hated him, yet at the same time, couldn't think of anybody but him. He was a distraction—no help to her and she despised the way he made her feel.

But suddenly, Eleanor stopped.

She picked herself up and lifted from the bed. She turned around and studied her figure in the mirror. She thought of herself as the beauty standard, she thought that others did as well. With her Fare skin, not pale yet not so dark, neat brown curls, honey brown eyes and a small figure.

She knew that if she had the chance she could make Draco fall for her in a click of her small
Fingers. Despite her doubts, she knew that Draco could be useful.

He was the next heir to his throne, no siblings and his parents stepping down In just a short amount of time. He needed to marry.

And what was better then one kingdom?

Two.

Am I just evil or is it right to say I'd do the same thing as Eleanor? 😭

Word count 1308.