꧁༺ 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 ༻꧂

Eleanor Florence

Walking slowly down the steps, she watched as Draco looked upon the family portrait that rest high on the wall next to the door. One that Eleanor wasn't in as everyone failed to tell her that the photo was being painted. She sat up in her room all day, only to come down as they were all leaving.

This was really when she started to realise that she was being treated differently by her parents, that her very own siblings didn't like her and the day she found out about the horrible news with her grandmother.

"Draco" Eleanor cleared her throat as she reached the last step before she was level with him. Draco looked away from the painting and down at her.

"All the paintings in the castle, yet this is the only one where your parents managed to crack a smile" He noticed, looking on as Eleanor took in the painting herself, just like many of the other times she had.

"Yes and notice how im not in it?" She chuckled shortly.

"I was just about to mention" He said before looking back at Eleanor and noticing her look of dismay "Fathers furious" He started "He found out where I was during the fire. I think he always suspected of something between us. Probably one of the many reasons why he's forbidden me from talking to you"

"He forbid you from speaking to me?" Eleanor asked.

"He has" Draco nodded, taking a step towards Eleanor "Of course, I was never one to do as told" He shrugged.

"Maybe its a good idea if you go, Draco" Eleanor said carefully "Lay low and quiet for a few weeks until this all blows over"

"You want me to leave?" Draco rose an eyebrow.

"I don't" She admitted "I want nothing more than to have you here amoungst the silence with me but as it is, I already have most of the kingdom blaming me for the fire and I—"

"What?" Instanly Draco twisted around to fully face Eleanor "They're blaming you?"

"Well, yes but—"

Eleanor didn't get to finish her sentence before Draco had walked past her and up the stairs. Eleanor's eyes widened as she rushed to follow him, calling out his name, but Draco ignored her plea's to stop and immeadiatley pushed his way through the council hall doors, seeing all 7 of them seated at the table and conversing.

Eleanor followed close by, still quietly pleading that he leave and not stur up anymore touble.

"Excuse me but what the fuck are all you doing?" Draco shouted as he slammed his hands on the table, the sound echoing through out the large room and grabbing the attention of those who sat at the table.

"Your Highness, we—"

"Care to explain to me why Eleanor is downstairs telling me everyone is blaming her for something that was not even her fault while you imbecile's sit up her with your thumbs up your asses?!" Draco looked down at them with a scowl on his face.

"My Prince, I assure you that we are doing everything we can to deescalate this situation—"

"Its not good enough" Draco snapped. Eleanor stood to the side and watched the scene play in front of her eyes. Never once had she seen Draco this way "Her family is dead and I suggest you start treating her with the utter most respect before—"

"Enough!" Eleanor shouted, the sound surpising her as well as the others in the room, but she decided that this had gone on for too long.

"Eleanor—"

"Who are you to storm your way up here and shout at my council?" Eleanor stepped up beside Draco "This is my castle and my Kingdom. If you have a problem with the way I run it then I simply ask that you speak to me!" She shouted before turning her attention towards everyone else "And you all have no excuse as to why you would be sitting here while I and neighbouring kingdoms are in distress. Go and figure out who the hell lit that castle on fire or so help me god, I'll have you all hung as Christmas ornaments"

Eleanor stood collecting her breath after her outburst as the rest of the people, including Draco, stared at her in disbelief. Never had she lost her temper like that and no one, including herself, knew what to make of it.

She stared back up at them and it angered her, how they were all still unmoving.

"Leave!" She said once again, her voice a little more calm but with the same tone of authority. At once, everyone stood from the table and proceeded to leave without another word.

Including Draco.

"Not you" Eleanor called out. Not looking behind, but ahead of herself. She waited until the door to the hall closed and silence emitted the air between them.

Slowly she turned around to meet his gaze. She blew out a deep breath she didn't even realise she was holding in before opening her mouth to speak pnce again.

But she didn't so much as a word out before she was held in Draco's grasp and felt his lips pressing against hers aggressively.

Her eyes widened in surprise and she failed to kiss back for the short moment before he pulled away.

"Never in my 19 years of exsistence, had I been yelled at by a woman and my god was it atteactive" He breathed "The fact that you just shouted at the top of your lungs that this was your kingdom and your rules, makes me wanna press you against a wall"

Eleanor laughed "Im flattered but meant what I said. You cant just strom in here demanding answeres. Its gonna get both you and I in trouble"

"You're right, I apologise" Draco sighed "Its ridiculous that you're being blamed for this when you weren't even at the castle when it happened"

"I know" Eleanor said "But I wont be crowned until they figure it out and I just want all of this behind me" She sighed, turning around to lean herself against the table.

Draco nodded, walking up beside Eleanor to take her hand in his.

"Before Cecilia died, do you wann know what she told me?" Eleanor said, looking at her hand held tightly in Draco's.

"What's that?"

"She told me that out of the entire family, Louis was the only one who remotely cared about me in the slightest. She told me that before he died, he even suggested that you'd better suit wed to me instead of her" Eleanor said as Draco listened "He said that to her and although he was a horrible person, I cant help but feel like killing him was a mistake. He was the only one that cared where I ended up and I killed him"

"That's not true, Eleanor" Draco shook his head "He isn't the only one. I care where you end up, the staff in this castle care where you end up. Just because he never had the dignity to tell you this himself, doesn't mean that what you did was a mistake. For all we know, Cecilia could of said this just to tease you"

"You're right but I just can't never shake the feeling" Eleanor said, throwing her head back in a sigh.

"You killed two people, Eleanor" Draco laughed "Trust me when I say that the feeling won't go away. It can be temporarily replaced but when your alone with your thoughts, you'll aways feel it coming back"

"God, thank you for your comfort" Eleanor said sarcastically before pushing herself away from Draco and towards the door "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and apologise to my council for threatening to hang them over the castle gates"

"Of course" Draco chuckled "Come find me if they don't all turn against you"

"Funny" Eleanor smiled before turning on her heel and leaving.

I low-key love this chapter.

The way Eleanor is able to admit that it's all hers is so exciting to me.

Word count 1353.